Author Topic: Fighters Thread  (Read 2127 times)

Keranu

Fighters Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2005, 05:48:34 PM »
I agree! I was always very concerned about how Haomaru from SS would work out in CvS2 before it came out because he would have a big ass sword.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

Fighters Thread
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2006, 04:10:25 AM »
Actually now that I think about it, a Samurai Shodown/Last Blade crossover would be tight. IMO for it to be a successful crossover, both series has to have the same setting, and charcters have the same nature in their fighting styles to create chemistry.

Capcom vs. SNK was successful because they were both set in modern day...EVERYWHERE. Capcom and SNK characters had things in common:
>They fight with their hands and feet, some had weapons (Rolento, Billy Kane)
>They throw fire or any elemental attack in any shape or form

Samurai Shodown and Last Blade were both set in ancient/feudal Japan.

So as for series such as Guilty Gear, there is no match up for a crossover, since GG provides a straight up unique fantasy based atmosphere that no other fighter has done.

Ninja Spirit

Fighters Thread
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2006, 02:16:10 AM »
I swear man, getting a fighting game group in my hometown so I won't have to drive far away for real competition is not easy. Just look at this thread:
http://shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107114

Keranu

Fighters Thread
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2006, 08:45:16 AM »
Yo Ninja, do you know Airthrow? I believe he still posts on the Shoryuken forums often and he is a big time fighting game player, along with a good friend of mine. And oh yeah, it's hard as hell for me to find good competition that's not far as well :( .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

Fighters Thread
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »
Oh snap yes I know Airthrow also. I talk to him on AIM once in awhile. I remember he too was a big Turbo/PCE freak, he may still be, but he had to sell his stuff cause he's been through quite a bit.

The reason my problems with my comp, these are guys that have never been spoonfed by advanced tactics all over the internet and had to learn characters by ear, but I still think they're good but I see further potential in them. I never seen them experience the pressure of getting caught in long combos or get wound up in a block damage trap (tournament play if you will), but yet they still get cocky and talk shit when they haven't even MET the damn people!

The people in that thread are actually the bad guys really. Some actually gave good advice on how to improve, but a majority of people that would straight up say "Your videos suck I'll pwn u!" outweighed the other half.

Keranu

Fighters Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2006, 04:18:51 PM »
Awesome, that's cool you know Airthrow too. I first started talking to him online since 2001 on this crappy message board called Geoshock, along with my cousin. He used to live with his grandma out here in Chicago, but moved to Seattle with his mom and lived there for awhile but he moved back with his grandma two summers again and so him, me, and my cousin would hang out often and go to arcades to play KoF or what not. Unfortunately he moved back to Seattle with his mom last October due to some personal reasons out here which I don't think he would want me to discuss. He's a awesome guy to talk to, even if he is super technical!

Keranu

Fighters Thread
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2006, 05:48:51 PM »
Anyone want to play some fighting games (or I guess any other MAME games) on Kaillera? I was playing recently with a good online friend (Kenshinsama, you know this guy, Ninja? Big KoF'98/SFA3 guy). The connection was really nice and nearly lag free, but it sucked because the game dsynched on us, no idea why. Anyways, who wants to play?

Ninja Spirit

Fighters Thread
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2006, 03:55:56 AM »
Oh damn I wish I could, for some reason, Kaillera acts pretty gay with my wireless.

Keranu

Fighters Thread
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2006, 01:45:01 PM »
Kaillera has been getting on my nerves lately, I think it's about time we had something new.