Author Topic: Turbo CD Cycling off and on  (Read 190 times)

tiptopjames

Turbo CD Cycling off and on
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »
Won't work at all with one of my surge protectors, has reset itself three times during play (no i'm not pressing select and run accidentally). Moved it to a power strip that it can run on, and still resets itself once in awhile. think this is a power supply issue? i got this thing literally yesterday, really hoping it's not a bust.

Keith Courage

Re: Turbo CD Cycling off and on
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:54:14 PM »
You should try using a tooth brush with a little bit of rubbing alcohol to scrub out the rear I/O port where the pins are on the CD drive. They may be dirty. I have had this problem before. Also, I came across a drive once where no matter how much I cleaned I had to pull the drive out just slightly in the docking station for it to power on. Meaning I couldn't have it pushed in all of the way. Other option is maybe the power ports need to be resoldered  cause I have seen some where over time the connections can crack inside. 

tiptopjames

Re: Turbo CD Cycling off and on
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
still does not work in that surge protector after the cleaning (i have actually had this issue before with the big box in the middle style of power supplies) but i'm pretty well into getting my ass kicked on download 2 with no issues! awesome, thanks man
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:24:41 PM by tiptopjames »