Author Topic: Pc engine duo-r shuts down randomly  (Read 506 times)

hardtokill

Re: Pc engine duo-r shuts down randomly
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
One more quick question. The power supply cost around 20eur (~25usd), what kind of overload protection circuits adapters in this price range have? It seems to have something gradual going on, as now that I tested again pc engine still wouldn't boot (either with hucard or cd) but the battery charger did work.

Keith Courage

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »
Ah that's too bad. It was worth a try. Something on your system is killing the power when using the CD drive. I am trying to think of what it could be since I have never encountered the problem before. I've seen the CD drive not work but it never stopped the entire system from turning on at all. Does it happen when the CD game is loading something? What I mean is does it happen in between levels when it is loading the next? Is that when it shuts off?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:10:19 PM by Keith Courage »

thesteve

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 08:42:45 AM »
im gonna go with the plug in supply is dieing, due to overload as confirmed once.
try a different supply.

hardtokill

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
Heh, I seem to have expressed myself badly and there was a misunderstanding I think. I didn't get a new adapter yet, I'm pretty sure the new adapter will solve problems 100% and I'll post again if it doesn't.
I was asking about the protection circuit just out of interest, but wikipedia had pretty good explanations so not needed anymore. :)

Keith Courage

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
Ah okay, yeah I misunderstood and thought you had just tried out a new power supply. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Bernie

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
Not sure what shipping would be, but I have bought quite a few of these from Chuck here at his store.  They are perfect for what you need, and there's no guesswork involved with the supply being an issue.  http://www.retrogamecave.com/ac-adapters.html