Author Topic: PC-GT Video Repair Request  (Read 246 times)

HammerHead

PC-GT Video Repair Request
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:03:00 AM »
I have a PC-GT that I unsuccessfully attempted to repair myself. I've read through the video fix page about 20 times. The issue with my system is back light no picture, the sound is fine. I attempted to repair the unit around 3am after a 12 plus hour day at work and was in a rush and I torn the pads up when removing the video cap. On multiple occasions now I have attempted to trace a new lead to solder to and have been unsuccessful. My question is if anyone would be willing to take a look at it and see if they would be able to fix it? Please let me know how much you would charge for this service as well. On a side note I am normally very handy and have fixed a handful of other systems including a Duo-R, Twin Famicom and controllers for myself and friends in the past but this GT has beaten me and I know it is not a difficult repair. If anyone willing to repair this for me I may be interested in having a full cap replacement at the same time so I wont have to open the unit again any time in the near future. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. I have been around these forums for a few months now soaking up as much knowledge as I can from you guys and I don't think I've ever seen a more helpful, knowledgeable group of people.

Thank You,
Kyle

*Pictures of the PCB/Cap
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74384777@N05/6702294619/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74384777@N05/6702293341/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74384777@N05/6702292203/in/photostream/

Keith Courage

Re: PC-GT Video Repair Request
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »
Well from your pick I can tell that one of the leads is going to the wrong place. Here is a pic with an arrow of where to run it to instead.

MotherGunner

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »
Welcome to the forums man.  Sucks that your express is sick but guys like Keith and others will help to get you going.  Good luck!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

HammerHead

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
Thanks Keith Courage for the advice on where to run the negative lead. I will re-solder it tomorrow night after work. Does the positive appear to be in a suitable location? It has been a few months since I attempted anything on this GT, if all else fails I will defiantly respond to your PM and send her your way! I need some Salamander and R-Type on the go in my life again!  Thank you MotherGunner also for the welcoming and encouraging words.

HammerHead

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 01:12:18 PM »
PM sent to Keith. Thanks in advance!

HammerHead

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »
Just got the GT back from KeithCourage the other day and I couldn't be happier! There really are great communities left on the internet!!! Super professional and fast service. Thanks again!

HercTNT

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »
Its good to hear your gt is fixed up. thier are definately alot of great people here.