Author Topic: Artifacts and scanlines...  (Read 988 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: Artifacts and scanlines...
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 04:48:03 AM »
RF is as low-end as it gets, quality-wise.

Chuplayer

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
When Third Strike came out on PSN there were actually people complaining that Capcom didn't somehow make the game wide. These are people that...you'd think, would understand that if you were to make all the levels wider the entire balance of the game would be massively affected so...WTF? Are they just really bad at geometry or...what?
To be fair, they made a decent compromise in Marvel vs. Capcom 2's widescreen mode. They added unplayable space to the sides.

And Super Turbo HD Remix got reworked in widescreen, so I guess people were expecting Third Strike to have that.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:28:47 AM by Chuplayer »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »
If by "Super Turbo" you mean HD Remix, yeah, they changed all sorts of shit with that release. I appreciate it not at all. I'm very very happy they didn't do that to Third Strike just because some punks whose first system was an N64 can't understand that square pegs don't fit into round holes.

Chuplayer

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »
If by "Super Turbo" you mean HD Remix, yeah, they changed all sorts of shit with that release. I appreciate it not at all. I'm very very happy they didn't do that to Third Strike just because some punks whose first system was an N64 can't understand that square pegs don't fit into round holes.
Yeah, HD Remix. I thought the only change they were going to make to that was to give Ryu a feint fireball.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
They spent twice as much time remixing that game as Capcom Japan spent making the original. Try had to do *something*.

Super Turbo, the real one, is basically perfect though. I wouldn't change anything.

thesteve

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »
gotta give zeta credit on the 240P thing.
the TG/PCE sync doesnt do field switching, causing a CRT to retrace the same lines at 30fps, rather than alternating scan position.
thats why scan lines are seen running the game, not when watching TV