Author Topic: Tennokoe Bank (RomRam HuCARD): Anyone have one?  (Read 338 times)

storino03

Tennokoe Bank (RomRam HuCARD): Anyone have one?
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »
It's a Japan-only card that allows you to store saves (like a portable memory card). Anyone have one of these? How do you change the battery in it and what battery does it take?

Thanks!

roflmao

Re: Tennokoe Bank (RomRam HuCARD): Anyone have one?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:29:02 AM »
I've got one, but I don't see any way to get to the battery, aside from ripping the top off.  I haven't had one for very long, and don't know much about it, other than how to move my save files around.

storino03

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
Yeah, the top hump makes it look like there's a groove, but I don't want to damage the plastic by trying to pry it off lol.

hoobs88

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:12:45 AM »
I have one. There's a thread somewhere in these forums discussing the battery but it still saves my data with no problems.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

vestcoat

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »
I have 3 and the batteries all still work. Someone posted a link with pictures of a battery replacement FAQ years ago that involved prying the top off, but I haven't heard many reports of these things dying yet.

Basically, the Tennokoe Bank has four Duo-sized memory banks that can be swapped or copied to and from your Duo's bank. Individual files cannot be moved. There's a hidden function where you can view the contents of each bank by pressing select at the main screen. The Tennokoe is compatible with the TurboBooster Plus and CD devices (you'll still need a region mod or converter for U.S. decks).

That Dark City guy or someone translated the manual years ago, but I don't know if it's still available. Make sure you look at the little diagrams very closely the first time you use one so you don't erase your memory bank!

Please post PC Engine questions in the appropriate forum.

EDIT: I've had some problems with data for Cosmic Fantasy 2 being corrupted when moved on and off of a Tennokoe Bank. Be careful with that one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:49:06 AM by vestcoat »

grahf

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 01:46:01 PM »
Everyone should own one of these cards. Most games take up only a few blocks of memory, but there are some stinkers out there that damn near fill the entire bank. I guess optimizing save data size is an art unto itself.

SMF

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »
I just got 1 of these a few days ago in a nice little lot. Hopefully I don't erase the bank, Is the card easy to use when you can't read the instructions?
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

roflmao

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »
It's pretty easy to understand.  It uses Icons instead of moonspeak for most of the major stuff.  I think there is also a Youtube Video or two out there that walks through the process (I think Chuck over at retrogamecave.com made a youtube video for the card...  yep: )

vestcoat

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
I just got 1 of these a few days ago in a nice little lot. Hopefully I don't erase the bank, Is the card easy to use when you can't read the instructions?
If you see a flashing arrow pointing from the card, to a PC Engine icon, know that it will erase your memory bank. That's about all you need to know. 
Two bidirectional arrows indicate a swap.