Author Topic: What's a decent price for a TurboStick?  (Read 235 times)

FiftyQuid

What's a decent price for a TurboStick?
« on: June 03, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »
I haven't been able to find one of these in my hometown, or at a reseller near me.  This leaves eBay, but I know how inflated the pricing can get.  So I need some help.  I never had one of these in the '90's, so I have no idea what they were worth then or what they are worth now.  What's the typical price on a TurboStick? New/Used?  Thanks.

BTW, I'm seeing auctions ending with $30 sale prices, but shipping is stupid at $30 too.  Is $60 unreasonable on a (new) TurboStick?  

[EDIT] Here's a example of a BIN for $36 CAD, with $26 CAD shipping.
http://tinyurl.com/72zundh
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:36:16 PM by FiftyQuid »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

vestcoat

Re: What's a decent price for a TurboStick?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
A used Turbostick is worth $10-15, a new one $15-35. $60 for a shipped Turbostick just isn't worth it.

If you found a new Turbostick, I'm guessing it's coming from England. $30 for shipping is reasonable given the exchange rate, but it's not reasonable for a thirty-dollar Turbostick. There's a lot of cheap stuff available from UK sellers, but most of it's just not worth the shipping fee.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »
So it's a reasonable price it's just the shipping that kills it.  Damn...  I don't care whether it's new or used, I just want it to be working with all the parts.  I'll keep watching the UK auctions.  Maybe one of them will slip by and I'll snipe it for $1 with $30 shipping.  That would be worth my while.

BTW, if anyone is selling one I'm looking.  Shipping seems to be a bastard with these things though.  :cry:

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 04:35:51 AM »
I got 2 brand new ones for $30 with free shipping through amazon, although its either hit or miss most of the time with that store this time it was definitely a hit.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:36:39 AM »
I got 2 brand new ones for $30 with free shipping through amazon, although its either hit or miss most of the time with that store this time it was definitely a hit.

I can't use Amazon.  99% of the time the video games section of their site won't ship to my location.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 07:59:35 AM »

I can't use Amazon.  99% of the time the video games section of their site won't ship to my location.
They shipped to my PO Box in the middle of nowhere without issues, what I did was post my street address and my PO Box and they got here just fine.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:10:31 AM »
They will ship to Canada, but only for certain items.  It's really hit or miss.  For video games and accessories it's mainly miss.

Managed to snag a new one off eBay from the UK for $46 shipped.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/360463095823?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2093wt_1050
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:23:52 AM by FiftyQuid »