Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 661 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 07:34:36 AM »
I have to say after playing this for a good solid 20 hours, its a pretty good game. Really doesn't take much of a pc to play it, but again this being online all the time just to play single player is pretty lame. I will say I haven't had any connectivity issues (yet whew) or Blizzard being lame by saying their servers are having issues so I guess I'm lucky in that aspect.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 01:53:19 AM »
It's Diablo 2 with over-saturated color graphics.

I liked how Diablo 2 looked.  Why they chose the over-saturated WoW looking colors for this is beyond me.

I LIKE MY DIABLO GRITTY.

The first two were gritty as f*ck.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

fraggore

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »
i got it been loving it so far but stuck on the second chapter boss need to level up i think or a different strategy any seems a cool game worth getting.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

roflmao

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
So I played Diablo 3 for about an hour tonight and I didn't get into it nearly as much as I was hoping.  Granted, an hour isn't much to base an opinion on, and I have a 7 day trial (I think that's how the key my buddy gave me works) so I'll probably give it another go or two, but I'm not in any rush to run out and buy this game.  :(  

I've been playing Diablo II (again!) lately as a Necromancer (whom I've never played before and am loving - it's so easy) and there are a few interface tweaks to the new version that I just don't find intuitive.  CTRL no longer runs.  Alt no longer displays items laying around the screen.  

People keep telling me "It's Diablo II with improved graphics" but right now I'm thinking they tweaked it to the point that Torchlight is more like D2 than D3 is.

I can't wait for Torchlight 2 to come out this summer. :)

It seems like new games take a bit of warming up to for me.  So I'll probably play this game some more at some point and fall in love with it (for example, I hated Borderlands the first time I played it and then came back a year later and spent a good 40 hours in it), so who knows.  But my initial response is  "meh."

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »
Still want to try this out just to satisfy my curiosity as someone who easily put a thousand hours into DII. I was so addicted to that game for a while... Had tons of high level characters, elite items, played Hardcore mode a lot, PVP, etc.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 02:57:52 AM »
It really isn't that bad of a game, it gets way better after you finish the normal game. The real challenge comes when you get to Hell mode. Haven't gotten to Inferno mode yet and I'm not sure if I want to (perma character death ugh).

fraggore

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »
any tips on killing the second chapter boss his big devil form keeps doing me over.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
On what difficulty level? Had no problem with my barbarian.

fraggore

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 10:34:43 PM »
normal with the barbarian i must suck at this then will give it another go soon

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 03:04:49 AM »
normal with the barbarian i must suck at this then will give it another go soon
The strategy I use is going for items that regen health and add health on hit. It also helps getting armor that adds vitality and later on resists.

fraggore

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 02:47:39 AM »
went back and did it easy on my second try on the keep now thanks for the replays.

kazekirifx

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »
My friend got me playing now too. It's not a bad game. Way less involved than I expected for a PC RPG, but then again that's what everyone told me beforehand. Lots of fun hack'n slash and taking down hordes of enemies with projectile action. Easy to play.

Gogan

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 01:20:33 AM »
I'll tell ya who WON'T be playing it is this guy:

http://i.joystiq.com/2012/05/16/i-can-never-play-diablo-3/
Nothin beats the real thing.

kazekirifx

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 02:45:47 PM »
I'll tell ya who WON'T be playing it is this guy:

http://i.joystiq.com/2012/05/16/i-can-never-play-diablo-3/

That's stupid. Games don't ruin people's lives. People do. Mature people can exercise self-control and go to bed/work when that's what needs to be done. Blaming your life problems on a game is just a way of shifting blame for your own faults.

If he's really addicted to it the same way one is addicted to alcohol/tobacco, then fine. Maybe not playing it at all is the best solution. I still think the most mature thing to do is play the game, while exercising self-control and keeping your life priorities in order. If this guy could accomplish that, then he could say that he's really made progress.