Author Topic: Ys III for SNES... comparable to Turbo version?  (Read 1336 times)

Chuplayer

Re: Ys III for SNES... comparable to Turbo version?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
Just completed Ys Oath in Felghana on the PSP. Good game overall. Followed, at least, the Turbo Grafx CD version almost exactly, with expanded story/background information. Funny, I bought it sealed when it first came out in 2010, and never got around to playing it until now. :P
It was my favorite game of the year that year. I couldn't believe how good it was.

I concur!  Well, that & Ys Seven, of which I want to play thru again, but I have a ridiculous backlog I'm trying to catch up on!
I didn't play Ys Seven until the next year. I'm not sure where it would have fallen in my favorites of 2010, but I don't need to worry about it because I didn't play it in 2010  :P

tpivette

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 03:28:37 PM »
How many Ys games are out for the PSP? I've been contemplating picking one up for the Final Fantasy games, but if theyre are several Ys releases as well, then that solidifies the deal!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Chuplayer

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 05:33:48 PM »
How many Ys games are out for the PSP? I've been contemplating picking one up for the Final Fantasy games, but if theyre are several Ys releases as well, then that solidifies the deal!
Four US-released games.
Ys I&II
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Ys: Ark of Napishtim (released in 2006 or so by Konami, horrible port, play off of a memory stick if you must play it, PS2 version highly recommended)
Ys Seven

All except Ark were developed by Falcom and released in the US by Xseed. It might also be worth noting that Ys I&II could possibly benefit from being played off of a memory stick. It has some performance issues when played off of the UMD, but the effects aren't intrusive and game breaking at all like they were on the Ark port. I only played the UMD version once and have not tried playing it off of my memory stick yet to verify the performance increase myself.

If you must play Ark on the PSP, use CFW and rip the UMD to the memory stick. You'll be glad you did.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »
It'd be nice if Konami would put Ark up on PSN for a cheap price.  I beat it on PS2, but wouldn't mind playing thru it on PSP.  The load times are supposed to be better on the PSP's 2000 & 3000, but still, it'd be nice to have it digital regardless.