Author Topic: Agni's Philosophy (Final Fantasy Tech Demo)  (Read 160 times)

storino03

Agni's Philosophy (Final Fantasy Tech Demo)
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »

It's fairly well done, except for the quick camera angle changes during the fast action. What are your thoughts on this? It's labeled as a tech demo for Final Fantasy (whether it's meant to mirror one in development or...) and was developed by a few companies besides Square Enix. Could be an indication of what to expect in terms of the next-generation (sorry wii-u) consoles.

I'm late to the game, as it was announced/shown at E3 2012 last month. Square Enix has always been one to push graphics and presentation to new heights. Frankly, none of the new ones really match the 2D ones on the SNES, especially, but who knows what XV and beyond will be.

There will also be a Square Enix event on September 1st (next month), so it's probably either to announced FFXIII-3 (yawn), or some additional information on Versus XIII.

Edit: Almost forgot. For more information on the Tech Demo, go here: www.agnisphilosophy.com

Edit 2: What's also interesting to note, is that Agni is Latin* for Fire. You know how Squaresoft/Enix likes to use elemental names for their main characters. Something to ponder about!
*I think it's Latin anyway.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:17:45 PM by storino03 »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Agni's Philosophy (Final Fantasy Tech Demo)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:38:02 AM »
Wow... I mean damn!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:04:00 AM »
Yeah I saw this thing too, if its like the other later FF games I'm not interested. Kind of went down hill quick like after FF9 IMO and the fact that Dragon Quest X is going to be online only doesn't thrill me in the least bit.

storino03

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
I enjoyed FFX. I think it was the first ps2 game I bought. It was mind-blowing back then! Sounds silly now, but at that time, I couldn't distinguish the FMVs from the in-game graphics cutscenes. lol