Author Topic: MagicEngine: Joystick problems  (Read 408 times)

danamulder42

MagicEngine: Joystick problems
« on: April 25, 2002, 06:26:00 AM »
Hi, I just got MagicEngine and am having problems with using my gamepad. I know it's configured correctly through Windows Control Panel. MagicEngine even detects the thing, its in the log file and in the program itself as gamepad 1, but when I go to use it nothing happens...Ive looked for some documentation on it but havent been able to find much...I feel like Im close though if its being detected? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

~Rach

Pcenginefx

Re: MagicEngine: Joystick problems
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2002, 02:52:00 AM »
Hiya,

Welcome to the board!  What kind of joystick is it and what OS are you running?

Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

danamulder42

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 05:11:00 AM »
Hi, thanks for the greet! Heh, I forgot that I posted on this board awhile ago--Ive since managed to get it working correctly. Thanks for taking the time to respond though, I appreciate it.

~Rach

KingDrool

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 02:51:50 PM »
Sorry to resurrect a 10+ year-old thread, but...

Does anyone know if Magic Engine is janky with Mac? It always worked fine on my PCs, but I can't get my Saturn USB controller to work properly on my Mac, despite the fact that it works just fine with Steam. Any ideas?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

bartre

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »

but idk, i don't mess with macs

esteban

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 05:26:02 AM »
Sorry to resurrect a 10+ year-old thread, but...

Does anyone know if Magic Engine is janky with Mac? It always worked fine on my PCs, but I can't get my Saturn USB controller to work properly on my Mac, despite the fact that it works just fine with Steam. Any ideas?

jlued, this is a great necropost, because you legitimately have the same (OK, similar) problem. 
  |    | 

sunteam_paul

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »
I predict the responses will be 95% about necroposting and 5% answering your question.

The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

KingDrool

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 06:33:40 AM »
I figured as much. People are always getting yelled at about not using the "Search" function, so I thought I'd attempt some diligence!

Anyway, more specifically, the X and Y axises are all f*cked up. For example, when Bonk is standing still, he quickly rotates from facing right to left, but never moves. If I press in one direction, it's as though he's fighting to move the opposite direction.

Like I said, the controller works fine with other emulators and with games on Steam, and it always worked well with my PC version of Magic Engine. So I'm just wondering if anybody knows of a controller issue with the Mac version of Magic Engine. Oh! And it controls just fine when keyboard is the default control.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 06:40:55 AM »
Saturn USB controller?  What version is this, like one that works with Ps3 and 360?

I haven't had any issues in windows or using wine in Linux, I couldn't imagine there being problems with Mac....

KingDrool

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 07:04:41 AM »
Saturn USB controller?  What version is this, like one that works with Ps3 and 360?

I assume so. I bought it a couple years ago.

I don't know, maybe I've got the settings jacked up. I don't think I do, but I'll look again tonight.

Got one to sell? PM me!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »
You could always try running it in that Windows Parallel program for macs and see if it does it there.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832714024

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »
Assuming the mac version saves a separate configuration file like the PC version does, I'd try deleting it to force a reset of all settings.  If that doesn't help, ya might wanna post on M.E.'s boards - they aren't very active, but they're probably your best bet for someone that's had similar troubles.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esadajr

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
Appears I started a trend in reading old threads. Good luck in getting that controller working.
Gaming since 1985