Author Topic: So what do you think Gamestop would give for rare retro games now?  (Read 498 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: So what do you think Gamestop would give for rare retro games now?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
I have a similar fantasy, I kind of want to get at job at GameStop just so that when some douchebag wanabe big timer comes in with his collection I can tell him to shove it straight up his ass.

"Twentyfive cents!?! But this is Pac Man for the Atari! They stopped making Atari before I was even born."

"You, Pac Man, the 2600, and your sealed copy of Final Fantasy VII can f*ck yourself. Stop wasting my time. I have to move 12 more Edge cards today or I won't get my nickle raise this year."

SMF

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
LMAO someone should go in with a camcorder and get it on video and toss that shit on youtube lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

motdelbourt

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 06:52:23 PM »
Too many copies of some old PS1 or N64 games in the warehouse? Into the dumpster they go.

8bitForLife

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 02:30:17 AM »
when is this retro stuff suppose to happen with gamestop
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

T.A.P.

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 03:54:12 AM »
You realize anything they have sitting around in a warehouse is likely to just be some scratched-up/refurbished disc only PS1 sports titles and ex-rental cart-only shovelware N64 games with mauled labels, right?

Go to your local Gamestop and look at what they have for PSP, PS2, and Gamecube, if your store is fortunate enough to even still carry those. You'll find a bunch of awful, unwanted games in terrible condition. Anything worthwhile will have been picked through and bought months if not years ago at this point. 99% of anything worthwhile they had for old systems would have been sold when they firesaled this stuff originally.

As for trading in old stuff, I remember how they once tried to sell me a PS2 copy of Silent Hill 2 where some f*cktard had carved his name into the data side of the disc. Or the time as a kid they sold me two obviously broken NES games that were missing large chunks of their casings.

Gamestop has never card about the condition of the item you trade in (and neither did FuncoLand for the majority of its existence in these parts). Hell, the local stores around here still throw away cases and manuals on older games under a certain price in the name of saving space, apparently unaware that doing so will make it even harder for them to sell those games (because people like me wont buy an incomplete game). They'll give you the same $2 store credit for your Earthbound regardless if its CIB or a mangled, yellowing, stained, sticker-cover, missing-label POS with parts of the casing missing.

RegalSin

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
I hate gamestop, because the people their look so out of it. I mean seriously, it makes me so angry. Funcoland was cool, why can't they just bring back funcoland, and throw gamestop in the garbage.

Calling your store Gamestop is like calling it Beer No!!! or No Beer!!!! or even No Vag!! or No Gun!!!!  They should just call it Stop Gaming, all together......I mean seriously, man in the year 2040 They are just going to replace gamestop with an outddor disc dispencer. That is how dickless eeverything is now.

Seriously Stop Gaming, your number one place to stop gaming.