Author Topic: Queen Ants Fourth Reich  (Read 294 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Queen Ants Fourth Reich
« on: October 16, 2012, 11:45:48 AM »
Had not played this game since I was a teen, and even then I did not spend a ton of time on it. Figured I'd give it another go since I had not played it since maybe 1995 or so. So I made it to day 8, and I swear its almost as if suddenly the game because a cheapskate on the play mechanics, not that they were great to begin with. On the last mine/cave run area I'd constantly end up with this issue near a doorway where I'd tap left and instead of one or two steps I'd practically mad dash 1/4th of the screen into a waiting zombie or ants hands, so I'd constantly have to see this room where some love slave had died and all that was left was some bones on a mattress or some shit.

Further more, wtf is the point of the bomber jets. I'd call them and they would do shit, just fly over head and keep going. Also, nice of the game to let me know I had to use the gas can thing to destroy the ant holes. Due to lack of in game info on this I did not figure this out until like the 6th day or something. Up until that point I'd just walk off screen. And another stupid thing, the plot. You catch your cheating bitch of a GF screwing around with the pest guy Sonny, who ends up phoning in a song tribute for you and becomes your best pal. Worst of all, your GF chooses this clown who is a Wile E Coyote reject over you, the games sole stud with a motorbike whose f*cking saving the day.

And the Ant Queen...that nonsense about the bible and the ants being the Fourth Reich, seriously, wtf...... In the end I said f*ck it and turned the game off. Take that Fourth Reich.

esteban

Re: Queen Ants Fourth Reich
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »
Had not played this game since I was a teen, and even then I did not spend a ton of time on it. Figured I'd give it another go since I had not played it since maybe 1995 or so. So I made it to day 8, and I swear its almost as if suddenly the game because a cheapskate on the play mechanics, not that they were great to begin with. On the last mine/cave run area I'd constantly end up with this issue near a doorway where I'd tap left and instead of one or two steps I'd practically mad dash 1/4th of the screen into a waiting zombie or ants hands, so I'd constantly have to see this room where some love slave had died and all that was left was some bones on a mattress or some shit.

Further more, wtf is the point of the bomber jets. I'd call them and they would do shit, just fly over head and keep going. Also, nice of the game to let me know I had to use the gas can thing to destroy the ant holes. Due to lack of in game info on this I did not figure this out until like the 6th day or something. Up until that point I'd just walk off screen. And another stupid thing, the plot. You catch your cheating bitch of a GF screwing around with the pest guy Sonny, who ends up phoning in a song tribute for you and becomes your best pal. Worst of all, your GF chooses this clown who is a Wile E Coyote reject over you, the games sole stud with a motorbike whose f*cking saving the day.

And the Ant Queen...that nonsense about the bible and the ants being the Fourth Reich, seriously, wtf...... In the end I said f*ck it and turned the game off. Take that Fourth Reich.

I have never heard of this game.

For all I know, this is the drunk post thread!

Needless to say, I will do some research about Queen Ant.
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:54:20 PM »
Hmmm, really sounds like some sort of cheap knock off one of those "It Came From Something" games........either that, or it's a clone of Klax!  Because clearly, it's from the 90's! :D

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:20:50 AM »
I have a hard time actually wanting to call this It Came from the Desert. This is but a shadow of the Amiga game.

nodtveidt

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:57:36 AM »
You mean that part in the opening sequence where the doc is spying on Lovelock and sees a lady taking off her shirt? Best scene in the whole game. :D

esteban

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »
IF EVER THERE WAS AN FMV GAME THAT NEEDS TO BE RE-RELEASED, it's this one.

Heck, I'd even be happy with a DVD-based game (a nod to INFINITE VENTURES...I doubt their strategy was too profitable, considering there isn't a big market for DVD-based games).

I just want to see Queen Ant footage in better quality video.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:09:20 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Bernie

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 04:10:13 AM »
I tried playing this yesterday out of curiosity..  I hate it....

esteban

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 07:17:34 AM »

Don't give up on it.

|    | 

Bernie

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »

Don't give up on it.

Too late..  It will most likely never come out its resealable baggie again.  :)

nodtveidt

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »
This is way better than the puke Amiga version, which is full of superfluous extra crap. This just sticks to the main business of hunting down the creeps.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 10:50:06 PM »
This is way better than the puke Amiga version, which is full of superfluous extra crap. This just sticks to the main business of hunting down the creeps.

By bombarding you with non-sense FMV clips starring such likeable characters like some jazz musician, a imaginary tv whore, some S&M chick, and some body builder clown. Lets not forget the sloppy controls too, and mine shafts that you can backflip though....yeah.....The only thing I can think of worse then this on the US Tg-Cd library right now is maybe Magical Dinosaur Tour, maybe...

Tatsujin

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »
Teh desert from it came, yes. 
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^