Author Topic: WTB: Turbo Booster or TurboGrafx-CD‎ and Bonks Revenge  (Read 187 times)

brandsizzle

WTB: Turbo Booster or TurboGrafx-CD‎ and Bonks Revenge
« on: October 19, 2012, 03:40:42 AM »
I'm new here but have traded on nintendoage (brandsizzle) and 100% feedback on ebay (digital--pimp).

Preferably looking for a Turbo Booster just to get composite out but would buy a TurboGrafx-CD if the price was fair, and need Bonks Revenge (loose or in jewel case/manual) to go with my Bonks Adventure.
I'm just starting to get into collecting TG16 items, would also pickup some decent commons based on opinions of good games for the system.

I'm up in Canada, Alberta specifically in case that changes your mind either way.

Firebomber7

Re: WTB: Turbo Booster or TurboGrafx-CD‎ and Bonks Revenge
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 05:39:15 PM »
Hello fellow Canadian. As a former Albertan (Edmonton), I thought I'd let you know that you can get composite-out from the back of your Turbografx-16 unit. A quick Google search will show you how to do this fairly simple mod. That should save you quite a bit of money on getting a Turbobooster or interface unit! :)

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a copy of Bonk's Revenge if you wait long enough, as well as some other decent common games.

If you want to go CD/Super CD eventually, the most common advice you're going to get is to buy a PC Engine Duo unit. It's definitely the cheapest way to do it, and you'll also get access to Japanese HuCard games (the CD unit is region-free!). Japanese games are generally cheaper than the North American counterparts, not to mention that there are a ton of titles that were only released in Japan that are totally playable if you don't know Japanese. You also don't need to hunt down a system card if you have a Duo, so that's a bonus.

brandsizzle

Re: WTB: Turbo Booster or TurboGrafx-CD‎ and Bonks Revenge
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:12:03 AM »
Born and raised in Edmonton and still am, thanks for the info, Any idea what a turbo-duo would go for?

I must say that the variations of systems and names can take some time to get used too. I will keep an eye out