Author Topic: FS: TG16-Duo Adapters  (Read 250 times)

tggodfrey

FS: TG16-Duo Adapters
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
I want to use up the last of the materials I have from the last order.  I have enough to make 5 or 6 adapters 6' long.

These are TG16 Female end and Duo/PC Engine Male end.

If you want one of these the 6' adapters are 10.00 shipped for 1 and they are black. 
I might have some white cables from mono price but i have to check.

If you want 3' adapter then its 6.00 shipped for 1.

I plan to have these ready Next Tuesday, just thought I would post it now in the event someone needs to make room for them in the budget.  Dont think I will have time to get them done by the weekend.

Terry
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

sirhcman

Re: FS: TG16-Duo Adapters
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
pardon my ignorance but would one of these work with a tg16 turbo tap and a duo-r?

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »
pardon my ignorance but would one of these work with a tg16 turbo tap and a duo-r?

Extension cables between a tab and the system cause problems. The first player port might work, but if you do multi-player expect problems.
--DragonmasterDan

sirhcman

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »

Extension cables between a tab and the system cause problems. The first player port might work, but if you do multi-player expect problems.

I knew it was too good to be true, thanks Dan :)

DarkKobold

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »

I'm guessing this is due to increased resistance across the cables being unable to supply enough current to power all the controllers. With some lower resistance cables, this sort of thing might be fixed, no?
Hey, you.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 02:39:47 AM »

I'm guessing this is due to increased resistance across the cables being unable to supply enough current to power all the controllers. With some lower resistance cables, this sort of thing might be fixed, no?

I think it has to do with attenuation over cable from the tap to the system. The increased length leads to increased attenuation which leads to problems with the signal.
--DragonmasterDan

tggodfrey

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 04:27:55 AM »
That would explain why the tap cable is so short.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:53 AM »
That would explain why the tap cable is so short.

Bingo
--DragonmasterDan