Author Topic: FS/FT: TurboGrafx Blowout - Splatterhouse, Ninja Spirit & Dungeon Explorer  (Read 1608 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: FS/FT: TurboGrafx Blowout - Dungeon Explorer II, Lords of Thunder, & More
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »
Well, to be honest, DE II has been getting around 220-250 for a complete US copy depending on condition, so anything below $190 for a "very good" condition copy would kind of be considered fairly low ball. US Lords gets between 50-70 bucks on average depending on condition also. I'm not going to get into the politics of "is it actually worth it", but just saying, thats what they tend to fetch, outside of this forum anyway. Cant say what they get around here since no one seems to care to part with their copies en masse. I don't know what all he had in the original lot, so I cant say if what he had listed was worth what you offered Gunner.

MotherGunner

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 05:52:27 AM »
Bigus, that is exactly the term he used on me on Ebay; "Lowball."

Agreed!

How much did you offer him exactly for DE II? Or was he trying to sell everything in one lot?
I first offered him a PCE trade. Didn't want that. Then I offered $150 for both Lords of Thunder and Dungeon Explorer 2. I guess that may be low balling in his eyes... But I did get Dungeon Explorer 2 minus the manual for around $90 from Stone Age Gamer.... So is the manual really worth $30+ or more?

No.  Because he actually wants $300 for the DE II he man-handled on that video of his, and it has scratches.  Sure he gave the token "Best Offer, why can't you people f*cking understand??" etc., but only for what HE sees as "Fair" which is consistent with gouging prices.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:03:59 AM by MotherGunner »
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

MotherGunner

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 06:03:11 AM »
Well, to be honest, DE II has been getting around 220-250 for a complete US copy depending on condition, so anything below $190 for a "very good" condition copy would kind of be considered fairly low ball. US Lords gets between 50-70 bucks on average depending on condition also. I'm not going to get into the politics of "is it actually worth it", but just saying, thats what they tend to fetch, outside of this forum anyway. Cant say what they get around here since no one seems to care to part with their copies en masse. I don't know what all he had in the original lot, so I cant say if what he had listed was worth what you offered Gunner.

That's a fair point Mike and I agree, which is why I was still negotiating.  At some point, you must consider that you are paying for a scratched DE II and the rest of his stuff was not worth that much.  I think my offer of $650 (and willing to go higher) was fair when you consider all those factors.  I also mentioned he wasn't going to get an offer closer to $1,000 because it's the holidays, and he should consider how bad he needed the cash NOW.  He was helping me get a system and I was putting cash in his pocket in the NOW (one transaction, one trip to the P.O.).

This was the original lot.  I get your point and yes I was willing to go higher until he ignored me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271121187259?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:05:32 AM by MotherGunner »
-MG

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 06:11:07 AM »

Agreed!

How much did you offer him exactly for DE II? Or was he trying to sell everything in one lot?
I first offered him a PCE trade. Didn't want that. Then I offered $150 for both Lords of Thunder and Dungeon Explorer 2. I guess that may be low balling in his eyes... But I did get Dungeon Explorer 2 minus the manual for around $90 from Stone Age Gamer.... So is the manual really worth $30+ or more?

No.  Because he actually wants $300 for the DE II he man-handled on that video of his, and it has scratches.  Sure he gave the token "Best Offer, why can't you people f*cking understand??" etc., but only for what HE sees as "Fair" which is consistent with gouging prices.
Hence the reason why I offered him $150 for both. In the end it doesn't really matter as I already own the pce version of both games and have a great condition loose of the U.S version of DE2.

MotherGunner

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 06:23:15 AM »
Yea, totally, the DE II keeps coming up and that is not what attracted me to his sale, all his rare games on that lot I have, I wanted the hardware and some of the other games he had in there that were more common.  I did want to bring the rest here for some very decent prices to offset my cost just a little...  I mean they would HAVE to be decent as we know what happens to gougers on our forums here...lol.   You know just enough to make the purchase not hurt so much, me scoring some stuff, but more imporantly to ensure the rarer stuff stays in the community.   :wink:
-MG

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 06:59:35 AM »
If I hacked it up individually for sale this is basically what I would be seeing price wise, what I'd consider a fair price to pay for said stuff:

TURBO DUO CONSOLE $250.00 (since it has been serviced and its a US Duo)
- IT HAS BEEN RECAPPED & HAS HAD A LENS SWAP SO IT'LL WORK PERFECTLY FINE
- COMES WITH ORIGINAL A/C & AV CABLES
- 2 TURBO DUO CONTROLLERS

SUPER CD GAMES

- DUNGEON EXPLORER II (if in good condition, lets say $190)
- CASTLEVANIA: RONDO OF BLOOD (if in good condition, lets say $80)
- LORDS OF THUNDER (if in good condition, lets say $50)
- GATES OF THUNDER, BONK'S ADVENTURE & REVENGE 3 IN 1 (MISSING GATES OF THUNDER MANUAL) (if in good condition, lets say $40)
- DUNGEON MASTER: THERON'S QUEST (if in good condition, lets say $20)

TURBO CD GAMES:

- COSMIC FANTASY 2 (if in good condition, lets say $20)
- YS BOOK I & II (if in good condition, lets say $35)
- FIGHTING STREET (if in good condition, lets say $15)

TURBOGRAFX 16 GAMES (COMPLETE):

- SPLATTERHOUSE (if in good condition, lets say $30)
- R-TYPE  (if in good condition, lets say $30)
- BLAZING LASERS   (if in good condition, lets say $18)
- NINJA SPIRIT (if in good condition, lets say $25)

- CYBER CORE (if in good condition, lets say $20)
- DUNGEON EXPLORER (if in good condition, lets say $15)
- BONK'S ADVENTURE (if in good condition, lets say $15)
- BONK'S REVENGE (if in good condition, lets say $22)
- CHINA WARRIOR (0-its garbage)
- KEITH COURAGE (if in good condition, lets say $5)
- GALAGA 90 (if in good condition, lets say $13)
- FINAL LAP TWIN (if in good condition, lets say $10)
- JACK NICKLAUS ($5 meh)
- WORLD CLASS BASEBALL($ 5 meh)
- VICTORY RUN($5 meh)
- VEIGUES TACTICAL GLADIATOR (if in good condition, lets say $15)
- TV SPORTS FOOTBALL ($5 meh)
- TAKIN IT TO THE HOOP($5 meh)

TG16 GAMES HUCARD ONLY:
- GALAGA 88 (IMPORT) $5
- KICKBOXING $5
- DRAGON'S CURSE $20

- DROP OFF $5
- FANTASY ZONE $5
- IMPOSSAMOLE $8
- TV SPORTS BASKETBALL $0
- MILITARY MADNESS $10
- MOTOROADER $10
- SPACE HARRIER $8
- SUPER VOLLEYBALL$6
- YO BRO$0
- TV SPORTS HOCKEY$5

TG16 GAMES WITH CARDBOARD BOX:
- TV SPORTS HOCKEY$10
- BONK'S ADVENTURE $25

Given that it was a lot auction though, and as you said, instant cash in a lump sum, a starting offer of $700 would have been ideal, and a final offer of $750 would have been fair. If he would have chopped it all up individually on ebay, he could have scored a tad over 800 bucks or more easy. On the lot auction, he would have already been taking a small loss on market value, as whoever bought it would be doing it for resell reasons with no intention of paying for the total worth, plus the final value fee he would have to pay on that and the paypal fee would have ate a chunk. So while what you deem as a decent offer for him at $650, which I have to admit is lowball, for him it would be worse because ebay and paypal would take their nice large chunk of the sell also making it totally unrealistic to want to accept that offer. Regardless, as stated prior, and why I dont like people jumping on this forum and just doing sales, they find stuff dirt cheap, go to ebay hoping to make a ton, they fail, they come here, make up stories and spin about their prized collection they are so attached to (that they got like last month), etc, then list the stuff here for ebay, or even above ebay prices.

I don't expect them to not make any profit on their lucky finds and great deals, but I at least expect them to act intelligent in regards to prices, treat people with courtesy, stop making up background stories about shit, and not feel entitled, because no one has the right to buy or sell here, its a privilege. And in regards to this community, I personally think that privilege should be earned, not just handed out on a whim to anyone right from the get go. If people were actually forced to slow down and participate in the forums, over time the odds are they would learn what the actual going rates of said items are, instead of the quick guesses they made after viewing a couple current BIN auction listings.

MotherGunner

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2012, 07:11:06 AM »
Mike I see your point.  My mistake was starting too low and I admit that.  I guess in the end one can't A. Fault a guy for wanting to profit as equally as B. Fault a guy for wanting to get the best deal possible.  In no way did I expect him to take my initial offers but negotiation is a chance game. When I mentioned I was willing to go up higher, behind some points I brought up with him, he still had totally dismissed me.  Ultimately that was my issue and when I saw him coming here, yes, I admit, I took it personally and I didn't want to see anyone else be on the receiving end of his attitude.  =/
-MG

bartre

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »

Agreed!

Well, I paid $200 for my copy of DEII from a member here, but that copy is one of the nicest looking games on my shelf, condition-wise.
as for Lords, I'd say it's about a $30 game, though patience can get it for less ($17 via ebay for me)

if it really is scratched, I'd say $200 for both would have been fair, maybe a little higher.

as for his overall prices, I'd say they weren't bad, save for the SuperCD games, which seemed a little high, but hey, "prices are negotiable"

not having dealt with him personally I can't speak to that, but given what's been said in this thread, both sides seem to have elevated things beyond where they needed to be.

TL;DR
take a chill pill, brah.

RetroHungry

Re: FS/FT: TurboGrafx Blowout - Splatterhouse, Ninja Spirit & Dungeon Explorer
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 06:54:04 AM »
Majority of games have been sold. Only 3 remain.

Splatterhouse - $20
Ninja Spirit - $18
Dungeon Explorer - $15

Thanks!

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
PM'd for SPURATTUHOUSU
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
Got Splatterhouse! Game came quick and in good condition, great seller!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Firebomber7

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2012, 07:09:06 PM »
Got Splatterhouse! Game came quick and in good condition, great seller!
That's good news!