Author Topic: My First Turbo Mod  (Read 292 times)

fsa

My First Turbo Mod
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:48:09 AM »
This mod was done way back in 1989. I didn't know any better at that time LOL.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:07:38 AM by fsa »
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

esteban

Re: My First Trrbo Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 03:54:37 AM »

That is truly the ugliest--yet most dearly loved :)--TG-16 I have seen in the last few weeks. :)

|    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:55:12 AM »
I like it! lol.  It's got character.  It says I've been used and loved.   :D 

that being said if you want those guys to come off, I'd suggest:

Try Plast-x for car headlights, it'll take the stickers right off:   note that this is also abrasive so do it very lightly with a cloth towel, and then immediately follow with another car protector (E.g. armor all or mothers products) that has UV protection!   System will look brand new, plastic protected, and good for another 25 years of gaming.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 03:55:48 AM »
I love it never take those stickers off!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

roflmao

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 03:59:38 AM »
That's great!

fsa

Re: My First Turbo Mod
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 04:07:15 AM »
Thanks for the great comments guys, I have no intention on changing it as it was my very first turbo and now one of my spare. I thought I would put something up to take give everyone a break from whats going on over at the for sale thread.

Can we get everyone to post some of the funny thing their Turbo have gone through over the years.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:14:43 AM by fsa »
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

turboswimbz

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »
well it worked.  I should post my Turbo duo, With huge Turbo Zone Direct sticker!  :D  Glad your not going to change it, I refuse to give up my original TG-16.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Flare65

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 12:51:54 PM »
Reminds me of those kids who drive Honda Civics who put racing stickers all over them thinking it makes the car faster.........

NightWolve

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »
Can we get everyone to post some of the funny thing their Turbo have gone through over the years.

Funny or lame ? If the latter, here ya go:

I went through a phase where I loved those gold letter stickers after buying a pack to restore the address labeling in the front door. Then I just had to find other uses for them... There's also some GameFan magazine influence at work there where Japanese naming in my mind had become sooo much cooler than any system title that the US side had chosen... Thus, "PC Engine" was cool, TurboGrafx-16 or "Turbo Duo" not so much... ;)

esteban

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »

I went through a phase where I loved those gold letter stickers after buying a pack to restore the address labeling in the front door. Then I just had to find other uses for them... There's also some GameFan magazine influence at work there where Japanese naming in my mind had become sooo much cooler than any system title that the US side had chosen... Thus, "PC Engine" was cool, TurboGrafx-16 or "Turbo Duo" not so much... ;)

I like "SYSTEM 1"

|    | 

SuperPlay

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 04:12:49 AM »
This mod was done way back in 1989. I didn't know any better at that time LOL.

Perfect :-)

HercTNT

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:42 AM »

I went through this black on gold trim faze. I painted alot of consoles, toys, etc, with black on gold trim. loved it.