Author Topic: Alshark  (Read 222 times)

gbapalyer

Alshark
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
has anyone ever played and finished alshark?

i started it yesterday and the review on gamefaqs said it lasts 60 realtime hours.
i finished the first planet in 2 hours.

so far the game is fun, but battles are easy. slowdowns in towns with many people are heavy but i can bear them.
graphics are good and the characters and cutscenes with voiced dialogues are cool.

i like it so far. only flying in space is a little on the downside, i liked it better in star breaker.
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

ddd1234

Re: Alshark
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »
Alshark is quite reminiscent of Fang of Alnam, another traditional-style RPG released by Right Stuff. Both games feature excellent battle systems, but they share the misfortune of being plagued by abysmal visuals, and neither lives up to its vast potential. The soundtrack, which travels a back-and-forth line between goofy and generic.

-The Brothers Duomazov
OBEY TECH N9NE!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »
Alshark is reminiscent of Fang of Alnam?  I was thinking that Fang came out later.  Either way, from what I recall of Fang, I thought the gfx were quite beautiful, especially in towns, but I'd have to fire it up again to see if my memory is faulty.

gbapalyer

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »
and about alshark? who played it, how was it?
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

shubibiman

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
I've played it and cleared it some 15 years ago. It was the first japanese RPG I had ever cleared. As far as I can remember, it was very long and difficult. The universe where the story takes place is vast and you'll have to travel to many planets.

The trickier part is the use of the ship.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion