Author Topic: Back case sticker repair  (Read 293 times)

vxbinaca

Back case sticker repair
« on: January 01, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »
Got a copy of Break In that had a Japanese game stores sticker on the back of the case. I removed the sticker without seriously damaging the label, but lifted a third of the original label off. No tears or rips. How do I repair this?

I also have the same problem but to a much smaller extent with a copy of Mega Man X2 that I got on the cheap that was riddled with holographic Blockbuster stickers and has cleaned up nearly perfectly. My attempts to remove the non-holo sticker on the label resulted in the removal of the sticker and most the backing but theres slight lifting on the bottom of the label.

Here's the label:

And for the curious, the sticker I stuck onto the front label for now (I kind of like this sticker actually):

Thanks in advance.

MotherGunner

Re: Back case sticker repair
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »
You can buy double sided tape and perhaps cut to size?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »
For some reason japanese store stickers never bother me but i hat US game store stickers, they always put them on the worst spots. Next time you have to remove something try heating it up a little with a hair dryer.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

vxbinaca

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »
Yeah i need to break down and a hair dryer,  even though im going bald. The problem in this case with a hairdryer is it will also heat the label below the game store sticker. Goo Gone might have been better since the label has no chance of soaking up the liquid since both are made of similar material.

Hair dryers are a fantastic alternative to expensive variable heat guns for low temps on things like heat shrink.

So double sided tape is too thick.  Paint on a thin layer of some kind of glue?

HercTNT

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
goo gone will work. keep it away from every other label and manual in the case though. also, go slow, don't use anything abrasive. wash it off with a damp cloth and mild dish soap. should come out nice.

vxbinaca

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 04:46:50 PM »
Apparently the store is still open: http://tentoumushi.net/home/

So what should I do to stick down the label?

HercTNT

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 04:48:57 PM »
sorry man, i'm a moron. i thought you wanted to pull it up, not glue it down, and thats after i read the thread. i'm suffering from duh tonight.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 04:15:22 AM »
I'd try either a thin layer of contact cement (brush out any blobs and bubbles and rub off the extra bits after they dry) or transfer tape (essentially just the sticky part of double sided tape).  Whatever you end up doing, please take some before and after pics for reference with any future loose labels.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 04:27:30 AM »
Future will work fine on this. You can lay down a fine layer under the label area that is lifted using a paint brush, then just push the label back down and use something to hold it in place until it dries.

edit: Just realizing you may have no idea what Future is:
http://ilovewood001.tripod.com/modeling/future.html
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:33:47 AM by ProfessorProfessorson »

esteban

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »
Future will work fine on this. You can lay down a fine layer under the label area that is lifted using a paint brush, then just push the label back down and use something to hold it in place until it dries.

edit: Just realizing you may have no idea what Future is:
http://ilovewood001.tripod.com/modeling/future.html

That was a great page. I learned a few things, actually.

|    |