Author Topic: Turbo vs Genesis  (Read 587 times)

TR0N

Re: Turbo vs Genesis
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 08:02:33 PM »
The model 2 he modded for s-video was the last revision dumped on the market before the Genesis 3 hit. It has the better video chip over the model one and Xeye. It is possible he botched the mod however. When done right it surpasses everything else and can only be matched by the Genesis 3 which used the same chip s-video wise.
The Mod is very easy to perform on the model 2 anyways, maybe I was expecting the other games to look as good as TF2. Maybe I will have to try some more games.
You made the mistake of using a model 2 a model 1 is better in picture  :P
Model 1 is not always the best. This model 2 has the cxa1645 chip as stated initally
About any time ive watch a comparison video on yt for model 1 vs 2,it seems to me the picture is more sharp on the model 1.Yes i know if the model 2 has that chip it can be modded for s-video 'but it's improvement doesn't seem much.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:56 PM »
Everything you need to know about which model is for you and which ones to definitely avoid.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

Mine is the VA 6 or 6.8 Model 1 which has TMSS, but there's no rainbow banding like with the earlier ones.

Stay away from the VA 7 when it comes to the Model 1. The back of the console is a dead give away.

farankoshan

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:15 PM »
I would say that it's easiest to be a collector for Genesis, than Turbo/PCE... but people on this community would probably say that the quality of games on the Turbo rival the Genesis/MD library any day.

Still it's a choice that takes into account both practicality, cost and overall preference.

*worth noting though, that although carts for MD and Genesis are easier to find (eBay is not too bad with loose Sega carts) than Hucards, if you want to move into CD-based media, the problems (& costs) arise for both.
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot f*ck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)