Author Topic: Retro Game Cave AC adapters  (Read 531 times)

NightWolve

Re: Retro Game Cave AC adapters
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 03:40:51 PM »
I really wasn't able to find a matching one for cheaper,

Yeah, I had trouble last time I tried eBay hunting, but all you need is to find one that says it's regulated and match up the voltage and amp rating; of course you'll have to solder on the plug from your original, assuming you have it. He doesn't have any more when it comes to Turbo Duo, so you got no choice anyway to find one elsewhere in that case, but when he did, I just didn't like the total price for it, $23 with shipping... If I could just find his supplier or whoever he's been buying from on eBay or whatever, then swapping the plug from my original would be no problem. I can get a 5V, 3A, well-regulated supply for $5 bucks retail at this science type store (I used one for my SNES after modding it to work with 5V directly), so I should be able to get a 10V, 1A, well-regulated supply needed for a Duo in the $10-$15 range via eBay, etc.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »
I have one of their Sega trio adapters and a JVC X'eye adapter. Both have treated me well and I have no regets about purchasing either of them.
--DragonmasterDan

offsidewing

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »
Got my Turbo CD AC adapter from Retro Game Cave and it's good work.  The AC Adapter is black and has a "Turbo Grafx CD" label on it.  I'll likely buy one as back up for my Duo-RX.

Bernie

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:12 AM »
I just picked another up for the IFU I'm getting from Blue.  :)