Author Topic: Good Soldier Blade artwork scans/photos?  (Read 639 times)

seieienbu

Re: Good Soldier Blade artwork scans/photos?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
On the 10'th anniversary of the release of the Dreamcast I got a tattoo of the orange spiral logo on my back.  Can't talk about 50 years from now, but so far I haven't regretted it yet.

You're just jealous of those sweet mutton chops.

I know I am.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Shadow

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 03:18:05 AM »
I would not be afraid to make a pce tattoo actually.... bomberman, genjin or the system logo. :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 06:36:18 AM »
Nah, eventually my naysaying will stop. The shitty tattoo is forever though.

Ha! But, seriously, would you approve of any tattoo?

I suspect that you would disapprove of my Chubby Cherub tattoo.

If you were in a concentration camp and were tattooed or branded against your will for cataloging purposes, obviously I couldn't hold that against you. I was listening to a thing on the radio about how many doctors are %100 against having any sort of CPR or ventilators or whatever after serious injury because they know that %99 of the time it just leads to huge bills and pointless misery for the patient and family. Some guys evidently wear a "Do Not Resuscitate" bracelet at all times, some even have DNR tattoos. This is pretty uncomfortable stuff, but probably a good use for a tattoo.

I'm not a very..."biological" person. Obviously, I'm biological, but reluctantly. I don't like it when people pick their scabs in my presence, chew with their mount open, eat their boogers, etc. So it is to be kind of gross when people CARVE SHIT INTO THEIR FLESH. You understand.

But I live in the real world, where in the past 10 years tattoos have gone from something you saw on sailors, bikers, and ex-cons to something every single dumb f*ck in America has. IMO if you don't feel you were born unique enough maybe you should read a f*cking book. That'll make you stand out for real.

Recently I was at work trying to help a new guy learn some stuff and after him obviously being distracted for 20 minutes or so he asked if I could excuse him because when walking over to where we were seated he bumped into a bench that caused his 2 hour old tattoo to start bleeding. He went and got a massive tattoo before work that day, you see. Why? Why was the place even open?! Having a tattoo doesn't make him a bad guy, but this fellow is an irresponsible dipshit and a compulsive liar, so I have a dozen other stories about how he basically sucks. When you see him do dumb shit like this it kind of confirms suspicions.

I have a sister that I get along very well with. She is seriously into tattoos. Since I have standards/mental problems obviously this is off putting. However, to her credit she doesn't have any goddamn corporate logos. All compositions are original.

Its hard for me to mentally disassociate all the bad tattoos from the good ones since the bad ones are %99 of what's out there (Dude! Its "a tribal") and the whole process just seems revolting and bloody, no matter how many malls have tattoo shops now.

I mean, look at this bullshit: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57573604-1/man-gets-netflix-tattoo-scores-free-year-of-netflix/

A year of Netflix is like...$100. How is this guy going to feel when, in five years, Netflix gets bought by Microsoft or Apple or something gets its name changed to Movie Time or something? In ten years people won't know WTF Netflix even was.

And then there are the Monster Energy Drink dipshits.

So, yeah, Solider Blade is a lot cooler than Monster, but its still moronic. These things aren't real, they are commodities. And when you carve that bullshit into your skin you commodify yourself. I won't pick on anyone directly for tattoos they already have since there is f*ck all anything they can do about it. I'll rag on them before hand though, as a measure.

And now I defer to someone funnier than I.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:40:31 AM by SignOfZeta »

esteban

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »
[Message to Zeta]: As I suspected, you are not a fan of tattoos. That's fine, but, as you well know, you can't condemn tattoos because shitty tattoos exist. That is akin to condemning music because shitty music exists. Discounting video games (and anime) because of OTAKU nerds who listen to ChronoTrigger soundtracks and order LaserDiscs from Japan of their favorite Macross and Gundam OVA.

Actually, EVEN WORSE, it is akin to condemning video games because it went mainstream a long time ago and now REAL MEN play the  FPS-du-jour in their basements/dorms/prison cells/locker rooms/extreme sports events/business classes-at-upscale-universities/tutoring sessions for middle school geometry/hovels in NYC/et cetera/et cetera ad nauseum.

QUESTION: Is there ANY facet of human culture that doesn't have a high CRAP:QUALITY ratio? ARTISINAL or COMMERCIAL, we are drowning in a sea of bad taste. And, if we listen to our grandfathers (who heard it from their great-grandfathers, who heard it from Euripides): "The quality to crap ratio is getting worse, son. Try to stay afloat."

Tattoos, sadly, are not exempt.

I enjoy listening to you rant, though. For real. I miss this!

[/end of transmission to Zeta]
  |    | 

SamIAm

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
Once long ago, a friend told me she was thinking of getting a tattoo and wanted to know what I thought of tattoos in general.

I told her that one of my favorite things about people, and about myself, is our potential to grow and change, and to move away from the old and into the new. That no matter how spectacular I might think a tattoo might look on me now, I would always rather hold onto the potential to become someone who doesn't like it. It was basically a long-winded way of saying that I don't want one because they're permanent.

These days, her whole torso is covered in tattoos. So much for my argument. People do whatever the hell they want, I guess.