Author Topic: PC Engine manual collages  (Read 610 times)

esteban

Re: PC Engine manual collages
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »
...Even though I have a good chunk of these, it's awesome to see the whole thing at once and reminds me how awesome the artwork is.

Yes, absolutely.

LESSON TO FOLKS WHO MAKE/CONTRIBUTE TO SITES: I find this format (or a variation of it) really compelling: show the "highlights" from the manual in a collage format. Even casual observers (who may never download/read a manual) are struck by the art/layout/presentation of these manuals.

Of course, I'd want the picture/scan quality to be better, but I've got problems (well-documented) when it comes to aesthetics.

NINJA_SPIRIT, you have shown us that PCE websites can present our beloved games in a greatly enhanced way. Sadly, I'm too busy to make collages from scanned manuals...but I think it would enhance any site that deals with PCE/TG-16 lore...

[/end of blah blah blah]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:42:43 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 04:55:01 AM »
...Even though I have a good chunk of these, it's awesome to see the whole thing at once and reminds me how awesome the artwork is.

Yes, absolutely.

LESSON TO FOLKS WHO MAKE/CONTRIBUTE TO SITES: I find this format (or a variation of it) really compelling: show the "highlights" from the manual in a collage format. Even casual observers (who may never download/read a manual) are struck by the art/layout/presentation of these manuals.

Of course, I'd want the picture/scan quality to be better, but I've got problems (well-documented) when it comes to aesthetics.

NINJA_SPIRIT, you have shown us that PCE websites can present our beloved games in a greatly enhanced way. Sadly, I'm too busy to make collages from scanned manuals...but I think it would enhance any site that deals with PCE/TG-16 lore...

[/end of blah blah blah]

All those pics were made on my cell phone, I snapped them live in a well lighted room and used a app called "Pics Art" for the collages

For Manual Mondays On Instagram, US/Euro manuals I don't mind, but Japanese manuals, it's a total pet peeve of mine when people just throw the manual on the table, snap and upload.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:01:00 AM by Ninja Spirit »

Corredor X

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »
Nice work! It's amazing how the manuals for vintage systems were visually attractive, it was an experience getting through them even before playing the game. Nowadays, with some notable exceptions, they usually lack that beauty.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 05:07:53 AM »