Author Topic: WTB: Neutopia I & II (TG16)  (Read 499 times)

Nemo

Re: WTB: Neutopia I & II (TG16)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 09:00:16 AM »
I definitely learned my lesson, mostly with all of the 16-bit stuff.  Even at the time I sold them, I knew if I parted I would probably never get back the game in the same condition (especially my Snes games were beautfiul because I bought most of them new).  It hurt my heart truly, that's why no matter what I could never part with my absolute favorites, I just rationalized it because I didn't have time to play games anymore, much less the vintage stuff with a career, a relationship, and other hobbies.  I didn't even need the money, it was more about the clutter. 

It's just nuts to me to ever pay $300+ for a game, whey they originally sold for $60 or less, I could never justify it.  And I had almost every game I wanted by paying less than $100 for most of them by patience and persisitence.  Snatcher, Hagane, Eartbound, Rondo of Blood, Terranigma, Eliminate Down, etc.  I bought Shantae new for $10 from Toys R Us on the clearance rack, that game goes for like $500+ now.  Which is silly to me because it's pretty weak. 

Anymore now though, anyone selling games is at least aware of Ebay, even the mom and pop shops.  So it has become the pricing standard.  I just recently bought back a copy of Bonk's Revenge for $20 (case, game, manual), the mom and pop shop I got it from had a price tag on the back originally for $1. 

It's like the stock market, in another 10 years, maybe most people won't care as much again, and the values will fall.   
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:02:14 AM by Nemo »