Author Topic: Multi taps?  (Read 422 times)

easterislandnick

Multi taps?
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »
Hi, Im new to this forum as Ive just bought my first PC Engine! Ive wanted one for well over a decade, Im so excited about it!

Any way, Ive got a simple question, will a Turbotap for the TurboGrafx-16 system work on a Japanese white pc Engine as Ive found one cheap?

Any help would be excellent. Much respect to the Forum, its well laid out and full of usefull stuff! I hope to be around for a long while, Ive got a decade of games to catch up on!!!

merriman_bk

Multi taps?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 02:43:47 PM »
No the TurboTap isn't compatible with pc engines/turbo duos since it uses a larger plug.  You need either a pc engine multitap or a duotap.  www.tzd.com has new duotaps for $20.

----------------------------------------------
Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker, vestcoat
ebay id: merriman_bk --> 100% positive

easterislandnick

Multi taps?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 06:49:43 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Excellent shop recomendation too!

FM-77

Multi taps?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:21:23 AM »
$1

I got one of those. They're neat. :)

Odonadon

Multi taps?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 05:56:44 PM »
Does anyone know if a DIN-5 to PS2 convertor for PC keyboards will work for this?
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Keranu

Multi taps?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 08:58:16 AM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
$1

I got one of those. They're neat. :)

Wow, great deal, even with the shipping included.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

easterislandnick

Multi taps?
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 10:28:30 AM »
I ended up getting one from www.japangamestock.com  for £30 (50odd dollers) with 3 controllers including postage, which seemed pretty reasonable.

Another question, Ive now got 5 pads on their way to me, is there any other multiplyer games on the PC Engine that support up to 5 players??? (apart from Bomberman!!)

esteban

Multi taps?
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 12:00:51 PM »
Quote from: "easterislandnick"
I ended up getting one from www.japangamestock.com  for £30 (50odd dollers) with 3 controllers including postage, which seemed pretty reasonable.

Another question, Ive now got 5 pads on their way to me, is there any other multiplyer games on the PC Engine that support up to 5 players??? (apart from Bomberman!!)
MotoRoader! Not everyone's cup of tea, and not the best game, but my friends and I have had a lot of fun with it. If you like MotoRoader, then you can explore the 2 sequels (but they are expensive) and Dekoboko Densetsu Hashiru Wagamanma (CD).
First see if you like motoroader, though.
  |    | 

FM-77

Multi taps?
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 12:28:46 PM »

Dungeon Explorer.

esteban

Multi taps?
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 05:17:11 PM »

Dungeon Explorer.
Crap, how could I have forgotten that one?! Get Dungeon Explorer (and its sequel) before you get MotoRoader.

I've been playing the MotoRoader and Dekoboko games recently, I can't get my mind off them, it seems. :)
  |    | 

Tatsujin

Multi taps?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 05:43:01 PM »
please go for the hudson release of lode runner.

there are some several funny multiplayer modes on it ;)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

merriman_bk

Multi taps?
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 07:46:19 PM »
Yes, battle lode runner owns!

----------------------------------------------
Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker, vestcoat
ebay id: merriman_bk --> 100% positive

esteban

Multi taps?
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 04:43:13 AM »
Yes, Battle Lode Runner :)

If you enjoyed Lode Runner, this is a must-have.
  |    | 

easterislandnick

Multi taps?
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:16:01 AM »
Well its come, my beautiful boxed white Pc Engine with a scart conversion (won off ebay for £8). Its a bit tatty but works like a dream. Ive been hammering Salamander 2 player and 5 player Bomberman 93. Im loving it. Thanks for the good advice, Dungeon Explorer is on its way!

Black Tiger

Multi taps?
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"

Dungeon Explorer.
Crap, how could I have forgotten that one?! Get Dungeon Explorer (and its sequel) before you get MotoRoader.

I've been playing the MotoRoader and Dekoboko games recently, I can't get my mind off them, it seems. :)

Motoroader is the greatest.

My Turbo-hating friends and I played it every school day for months before getting sucked into Bomberman.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum