Author Topic: Update of sorts  (Read 364 times)

hizaygizirlz

Update of sorts
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:55:12 AM »
Hi i've had a turbo grafx 16 for a while and found this site when i finally won a huge duo auction on ebay, i just wanted to give an update as to what i have  obtained since then and am playing or have passed.

Since winning my duo i have bought

Lords of Thunger - Reccommended from here
Prince of Persa - TZD
Buster Bros - TZD
Splash Lake - TZD (bought this one cause i saw a post on here that they were running out of copies, the guy on the phone told me they had very few left so if you need a good 2-player game on ur duo head over there and pick it up i'm sure glad i did)

Beyond Shadowgate - Won it on Ebay buy it now for $120 ouch, should arrive in the next few days but i am very excited

I have passed Splatterhouse, and Pacland since i got the system,  We all know splatterhouse rox, pacland was pretty boring all though the colorful graphix are nice

I am currently playing Order of the Griffin (great RPG in D+D universe)
Splash lake w/ a friend
Buster Bros w/ a friend
Legendary Axe ( i've only been there a few times but on the 4th zone there seems to be a rope that is impossible to hit, i hope i don't get to frusrated

Next on my list are:

Beyond Shadowgate - as soon as it arrives
Ys Book 1 + II
and either ninja spirit or shape shifter

I'd be interested in any comments people have or what others are currently playing on their systems now

Thanks
Mike Palmisano
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

Keranu

Update of sorts
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 08:33:05 AM »
Great games on there, and $120 for Beyond Shadowgate was a rather decent deal.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

hizaygizirlz

Update of sorts
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 11:33:20 AM »
Well I had no knowledge of the game prior to seeing it in one of the duo auctions i was looking at.  Then i came on here and saw the video review in Ep. 3 or 4 and saw that it seemed like something i would enjoy.  The game is put on ebay so rarely only 3 in the past 2 months or so and the other two went for 107$ and 133$ somewhere in that area so i figured i might as well jump on it.  Worst comes to worst if i totally hated it i could relist it but i rarely sell any of my games so i doubt that will happen
Gypsies did it.

motdelbuort

Update of sorts
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:01:09 PM »
That's what I like about Turbo Duo games. You can take a risk and get something expensive and it's money in the bank. Prices fluctuate but they rarely go from mega bucks to worthless.

hizaygizirlz

Update of sorts
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 12:43:26 PM »
Yeah if people dont put buy it now in their auctions sometimes you can get some rare/expensive duo games for a good deal.

2 days ago air zonk CIB and Bonk 3 CD also complete went for 112 + shipping, a few days later Bonk 3 by itself goes for 142$ish so some lucky bastard got both games for 112$ i would have bid myself but i was trying to auction snipe w/ under a minute left and messed up my log in, i really couldn't have affored another 100$+ blow but 112 is a hell of a deal on both of those games

i'd like get dracula x next but some of the auctions up there for that game i just have a fear they are not authentic, one guy "bioforce" has a 98% feedback rating but he sells the game w/ a "free cd-r back up" also if u check his previous auctions he is selling a rondo of blood every month seems a little shady to me, but i don't really know any better either

My beef w/ that is how could one person continually get copy after copy of a rare game
Gypsies did it.

motdelbuort

Update of sorts
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 01:15:01 PM »
Yeah that free cdr thing is a red flag to stay away for me, probably the opposite of what they intend. The weird thing about Dracula X, though, it isn't very rare. There are always a ton of them on Ebay. But the fact that the guy has copy after copy of them is pretty weird. I think there might have been some unofficial reprints for that one coming out of Hong Kong, but I've never known anyone crazy enough to by it from a HK seller so I'm not sure.

hizaygizirlz

Update of sorts
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 01:58:20 PM »
Thanks for the input Mot,
     I dont really know what i'm gonna do right now i def. have enough top quality games to keep me busy for a while but all the expensive ones that are good i plan on picking up at some point, maybe ill have to wait to see what games are gong t be avaliable on revolution and let that futher influence my decision
Gypsies did it.

FM-77

Update of sorts
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 05:42:56 PM »
Quote from: "hizaygizirlz"
w/ that is how could one person continually get copy after copy of a rare game

You're mistaken. Dracula X is not rare! It is highly sought after, hence the high price -- but rare? Not a chance in the world. It was one of the best-selling PCE games in Japan. Getting it on Yahoo Japan is extremely easy.

Keranu

Update of sorts
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
Yep, Dracula X is a piece of cake to find, but just costs a good amount of dough!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

vestcoat

Update of sorts
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 08:52:36 AM »
That's a good list of games you got.
I really like those two player CD games that came out at the end.  Buster Bros and Splash Lake are both a lot fun with another player.
(why is it always Buster Bros. and not Buster Brothers?)

Well I had no knowledge of the game prior to seeing it in one of the duo auctions i was looking at.  Then i came on here and saw the video review in Ep. 3 or 4 and saw that it seemed like something i would enjoy.  The game is put on ebay so rarely only 3 in the past 2 months or so and the other two went for 107$ and 133$ somewhere in that area so i figured i might as well jump on it.  Worst comes to worst if i totally hated it i could relist it but i rarely sell any of my games so i doubt that will happen

god, i can't tell you how many times i've picked up a game (that i can't really afford) thinking "well, this isn't on my list, but i've never seen a copy this cheap and i can always sell it and make my money back..."
of course once the game is on my shelf i can never bear to part with it and then i walk around eating rice and ramen for the next week.

sunteam_paul

Re: Update of sorts
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 09:03:42 AM »

I'd be interested in any comments people have or what others are currently playing on their systems now

I've just gone through Dungeon Explorer and Dungeon Explorer II. Both excellent games - DE1 has some very memorable sound and music and is easy enough to work out if you're playing in Japanese. DE2 has some great intros, though the ending is a bit crappy.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

akamichi

Update of sorts
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 04:47:12 PM »
Quote from: "vestcoat"
god, i can't tell you how many times i've picked up a game (that i can't really afford) thinking "well, this isn't on my list, but i've never seen a copy this cheap and i can always sell it and make my money back..."
of course once the game is on my shelf i can never bear to part with it and then i walk around eating rice and ramen for the next week.

I know exactly what you mean.  Of course I've done some stupid stuff like actually selling just because I could make the money back.  Ultimately ending up with no money and no game. hehe. doh. :(

hizaygizirlz

Update of sorts
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 07:15:26 AM »
I played through Dungeon Explorer many years ago and enjoyed it i have 2 copies of it now.  DE2 is on my short list but the American one seems pretty expensive so i'm sure that one i will put off a bit.

I still haven't received my Beyond Shadowgate but my guess is it will be here Tuesday at the latest.  I also just won a buy it now or best offer on Chu Man Fu <spelling?> so that is also on the way.  

If my friends pop by this weekend i'm sure i will finish up on splash lake and buster bros. and then be looking for more co-op games maybe time for me to dust off DE.

I had to go out of town for a day so i'm gonna catch up on all the updated threads.
MP
Gypsies did it.