Author Topic: I feel bad for these guys....  (Read 271 times)

MotherGunner

I feel bad for these guys....
« on: April 10, 2006, 05:49:21 PM »
I don't think they realize they are bidding on BOXES only....Someone is gonna be pissed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-17-Turbo-Grafx-16-game-boxes-PC-Engine_W0QQitemZ8274541805QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

motdelbuort

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 06:20:16 PM »
I love how both pictures in the auction are almost exactly the same. This might not be as bad as those idiots/predators buying and selling XBOX 360 empty system boxes though. For a collector with all those games who wants boxed stuff, $5 a box might not be a bad deal. It's rare to come across some of those games with the full boxes.

rolins

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 06:24:55 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA :lol:

GUTS

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 06:34:06 PM »
Seeing as how having the box increases the value of the TG16 games quite a bit I don't think anybody is getting ripped off, I'm sure whoever wins will be a collector who will be more than happy to pay so he can complete his games.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 08:33:14 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Seeing as how having the box increases the value of the TG16 games quite a bit I don't think anybody is getting ripped off, I'm sure whoever wins will be a collector who will be more than happy to pay so he can complete his games.
Yeah, I've seen folks cobble together pieces to increase the value of even crappy-common games.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 09:29:21 PM »
Those are some nice boxes though, I myself wouldn't pay that much of course :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

akamichi

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 11:54:02 PM »
This reminds me of a yahoo.jp auction I saw about a month ago.  Someone was selling only the spine cards of some of the more high profile games.  I remember seeing Dracula X, Sapphire, Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari, both Macrosses... and some others.  Probably 8-10 total.

Unfortunately, I didn't see how much the auction ended at.  It was at least $50.

MotherGunner

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 05:21:32 AM »
Personally, I would'nt mind having that Ys I and II box.  I have the original game with the hard to find map.  Just need a box to complete it.

:P
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

FM-77

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 05:38:43 AM »
Quote from: "MotherGunner"
Personally, I would'nt mind having that Ys I and II box.  I have the original game with the hard to find map.  Just need a box to complete it.

:P

A "mapped" copy should cost around $40. A complete (boxed) copy would cost more like $100. Getting a box would significantly raise the value of your copy.  :)