Author Topic: Valis III goodness and badness  (Read 273 times)

motdelbuort

Valis III goodness and badness
« on: April 12, 2006, 02:01:28 PM »
I'm playing through Valis III for the first time and I'm mostly into it. There are some nice improvements over Valis II here. The graphics got a boost, and there's a lot more variety in the stages. But I'm stuck at this one part in the stage that looks like a Roman aquaduct. There are two pillars and you have to get over to the other one, but it seems like just a little too far to slide or jump. Does anyone know the part I'm talking about? Should I be trying to jump, or slide? Or am I missing something?

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:01:13 PM »
You mean you haven't tried doing a jump or slide yet :D ? I believe you have to do a slide on that part, don't worry about not making it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

motdelbuort

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:43:37 PM »
I've tried both and can't seem to make it.

Here's the jump I'm talking about. Looks a little far.

Here I am trying to slide. Obviously not going to make it.

Here I am about to take a dip in the drink after trying to jump.

What gives? It seems like I'm jumping and sliding as close to the edge as I can get.

dairugger

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 08:46:33 PM »
if i remember correctly, each girl can jump differently... its been along time tho.... and your pressing up while jumping right? :-) if all else fails try gamefaqs.com i guess..

malducci

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:49:12 PM »
can you post the save state?

Paladin

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 01:33:27 AM »
That one took me a little while to figure out. Use the blue magic on those flying enemies as they try to cross (or any enemy in the middle for that matter) and it will freeze them. Then you jump on them and use them to get to the next pillar. It gets old real fast as they like to throw out extra enemies later on to snipe you, but its a Valis game so you can't expect it to be easy.

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 09:35:39 AM »
Oh yeah, that's right!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

motdelbuort

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 04:00:46 PM »
Quote from: "Paladin"
That one took me a little while to figure out. Use the blue magic on those flying enemies as they try to cross (or any enemy in the middle for that matter) and it will freeze them. Then you jump on them and use them to get to the next pillar. It gets old real fast as they like to throw out extra enemies later on to snipe you, but its a Valis game so you can't expect it to be easy.

Success! It didn't take me long to get stuck again though, at the part where you have to repeatedly hit the bell while avoiding constant attacks. It will be a while before I get past this.