Author Topic: WTB: Vasteel  (Read 312 times)

pixeljunkie

WTB: Vasteel
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:31:38 AM »
Comprete, don't need the cardboard sleeve.

Ebay prices are just silly. Most Vasteel auctions ended recently around $70-80 for a complete copy [no cardboard sleeve] I would go a little higher than that, but not much.

pixeljunkie

Re: WTB: Vasteel
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 03:10:29 AM »
so lonely

Lochlan

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »
I've been watching copies of this game on eBay for a little while now (always had an interest in this weird game).  Not only has it getting harder to find in recent months, but the price has been gradually trending upwards.  And, unfortunately, this happened recently: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vasteel-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-/221327491445?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3388258175

...which is like blood in the water for the eBay sharks.  (Expect more inflated BINs in the near future. /groan)  Obviously that is just batshit insane--but between the Working Designs "pedigree" (if you will) and the unique action/strategy blend, it's really not too surprising that interest is picking up.  If I were you I'd watch eBay like a hawk, and you might have to bite the bullet and raise what you're willing to pay for this one a little bit.  IMO your best bet on a good price is to try and find it in a lot.

Good luck dude!

Edit: also, FYI, this is the link to your pcedaisakusen collection: http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/342/show-collection.htm
The link in your sig takes you to the logged-in user's collection, i.e. if I click on it I see my games. ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:18:32 PM by Lochlan »
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 04:51:46 AM »
$275?!  Good God...  That one didn't even have the sleeve.

Definitely stick to the forums.  eBay is for chumps.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:05:07 AM »
I bought mine here last year for $30.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

pixeljunkie

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 06:06:56 AM »
yeah, there was seriously a hadnful for $70 on ebay....right before I started looking of course. [1,000 facepalms] I really wish I had never sold my copy years ago.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »
I think Bernie sold me his impeccable copy 6 months ago for $50 with the outer sleeve.  $275 is stupid.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 02:47:05 PM »
I'm not losing hope. Just because eBay was tainted by some retards, or more than likely one retard. Or even possibly no retards and it's all a scam. But either way, I'll keep hope that someone here is bored with theirs and will let it go for a decent amount.

turboswimbz

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
I got mine for 65 shipped off ebay minus the sleeve but with the map (thingy) off ebay about 2-3 weeks after one went for 170.  I didn't really want to pay quite that much, but it was worth it to have it and to be able to play it.  It's just about timing I think.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »
I got mine for 65 shipped off ebay minus the sleeve but with the map (thingy) off ebay about 2-3 weeks after one went for 170.  I didn't really want to pay quite that much, but it was worth it to have it and to be able to play it.  It's just about timing I think.

yeah, I think you are right. If anyone sees one for around $70-90 [higher end being in nice shape and/or with that sleeve] on eGay either let me know [preferably via PM] or if its a BIN just snag it and I'll buy it from you for what you paid plus some extra for shipping and your kind soul.

johnnykonami

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 03:17:04 PM »
I used to own Vasteel, got it brand new from Toys 'R Us when I was a kid.  Loved it to death.  Years later I would lend it to a shady friend of mine, who never returned it.  When I went looking on Ebay a few years back I saw the prices they were asking and just gave up..  Maybe one day we'll reunite, for now I at least have my fond memories, particularly of the soundtrack.