Author Topic: Built in Magical Chase  (Read 476 times)

fraggore

Re: Built in Magical Chase
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 06:23:43 AM »
i seen that this morning just browsed past it thinks the wording was wrong, well interested to see how it was done.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

c0ldb33r

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »
This is neat but the dip switches are ugly as sin. Too bad he didn't use a nice switch.
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

Keith Courage

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 07:13:06 PM »
I think it is a stupid and pointless mod. However, if he gets a lot of money for it maybe we will start seeing these all over the place.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:20:28 PM by Keith Courage »

cabbage

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 06:08:59 AM »
This is a fun little mod but could be executed a bit more elegantly I think... anyway it seems to be an attempt at making some quick and easy money in this case. yawn

I'm much more interested in this empty place on the TG motherboard for a built-in ROM. anyone has more information? Pictures?
Is this space present on PC Engines or only the Turbo Grafx? (I saw a white PCE locally for a fair price that I would happily buy if I could experiment with installing custom built-in ROM) In chat I heard it was only 128K possible...?

anyway, please share with me any more info via PM or a post! thanks! :) (sorry if the information is available and I missed it in my searching) I'm really curious

Duo_R

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »

Ahh secret #22!

Secret 22: The TurboGrafx-16 had two unused IC pads for a built-in game that never happened. One was a kind of switching controller for the other, which would house the actual game. It couldn't be a very advanced game though, the largest game possible would have been a mere 128k (1Mbit). Perhaps The Nu-Kote Kiosk (See secret 23) used this capacity? /quote]
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

bust3dstr8

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 03:02:51 AM »
I got my TG16 open for caps, so I am gonna see how easy it will be to wire in a 32 pin JEDEC socket while I'm at it. Hopefully most of the places will line up with the 23c1000 mask rom and I will on need a few jumper wires to the cart slot header. I'm thinking a small SPST 5mm button with a pullup resistor can be used for chip enable.

Clowns Suck

esteban

Built in Magical Chase
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 03:40:56 AM »
I missed this thread the first time around so I'm glad to read it now.

As someone already posted, the eBay auction is just a lame attempt to exploit and profit.

HOWEVER, the IC pads and potential for a built-in game/application is AWESOME.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FOLKS WOULD INSTRUCT CONSOLE TO BOOT-UP the built in game? Are there any references in the BIOS that hint at something like, "Press and hold SELECT whilst turning on console to access built-in game" sorta thing?

How did the built-in SMS snail maze game work? Any clues gleaned from internal guts of SMS?
  |    | 

bust3dstr8

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 03:59:40 AM »
The SMS had a few different bios revisions, some included a few small games.
I'm pretty sure the included game would play when there was no game cart detected.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:01:32 AM by bust3dstr8 »
Clowns Suck

Keith Courage

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 05:23:37 AM »
this sounds illegal to me. not to mention the DIP switches that he used on the side look pretty crappy.

bust3dstr8

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 05:36:04 AM »
After looking this over and seeing what is needed to do...I agree, this mod is pure crap  =;

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:37:59 AM by bust3dstr8 »
Clowns Suck