Author Topic: WTB: Wireless receiver  (Read 287 times)

gilvy12

WTB: Wireless receiver
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »
So, amazed that such a neat-looking official wireless pad existed, I bought one on eBay without realizing that it did not include the receiver.   ](*,)  Does anyone have a receiver up for sale or know where I can get one?  I think I have learned my lesson about doing proper research before buying...

Keith Courage

Re: WTB: Wireless receiver
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:02 PM »
I unfortunately I sold mine a year ago but keep an eye out for it on ebay. Every now and again hit-japan ends up selling a controller with a receiver for usually around $60-$70.

GameFreak

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:51:25 PM »
It's hard to find a receiver without one or two controllers included, but its still ok if you buy a receiver and controller combo since the receiver is like a multi-tap that works for 5 wireless controllers.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:11:16 AM »
How accurate are the wireless controllers for this system? 

GameFreak

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 04:25:50 AM »
they are pretty accurate. I never noticed a delay even in the fast paced games. The only problem is you have to aim it right at the receiver. When I hold a controller in a natural position the infrared signal is aiming at the ceiling. It shoots in the same direction as where the cord comes out on a wired controller. It would be better if it came out of the bottom of the controller...if that makes sense.

I do the same thing with my TV remote. It is aimed at the ceiling while I look at what buttons I push.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
How accurate are the wireless controllers for this system? 

They are worlds better than any other IR wireless controller I've ever used. Once I got mine, I haven't gone back.

gilvy12

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »
Yea, I've heard good things about them.  The big reason I wanted wireless controllers was the standard pce controller cords are so short.

wolfman

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 11:03:05 AM »
Just wanted to revive that thread, as I was lucky to acquire a complete set and have been playing with it the last 2 weeks or so.

I know that many have issues with no reception on the receiver with the controller pointed slightly off (as happens during gameplay, I can tell). So I thought of soldering in another 2 IR LEDs (they´re already 2 in there, 1 pointing up, one down) to broaden the area   :D

I noticed that they are lavender colored and wondered what wavelenght they would cover, since there are different types available. I know that the camera of my cell phone can capture the signal.

Has someone of the top-grade modders a hint? thesteve? turbokon? Someone else?
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------