Author Topic: TE Express Video Caps Help Plz  (Read 173 times)

Slypty

TE Express Video Caps Help Plz
« on: June 07, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »
So, I've done a complete overhaul minus a few Caps on the board.  Everything went well, but when I was adjusting the Small Video Cap (4.7uf) I managed to pull out the Solder Tabs. 

Thanks to Charlie who recommended this procedure.  His post is the only one on the Page with a picture so it's easy to find:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5015.msg153170#msg153170

So, I followed his advice, prior to that I was getting no Video, just a black screen.  Once I completed the advice, I do get Video but it isn't the correct Color Display.  It's a kind of murky blue with very little richness in quality of Colors.  Close to black and white, basically.

So, I'm wondering if this fix is the culprit somehow, or could it be that I'm using 100uf 25V for the two Backlight Caps instead of 100uf 16V?  I don't know if they're more sensitive because those Caps deal with the Bright Display.  I still haven't replaced to Caps on the board because I forgot to pick them up while at the Electric Surplus store.  I'm hoping that they aren't the case.

I've tried swapping out motherboards with a good working one, the Screen does display properly with a good motherboard, so I know that it isn't the case.  I'll try to post pics, I just don't have enough AA's right now to do so.  Any help is very much appreciated.