Author Topic: In the spirit of Punch's Israel thead: Rick Perry.  (Read 700 times)

Nando

Re: In the spirit of Punch's Israel thead: Rick Perry.
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 05:23:19 AM »
Perry = Sock puppet /Stereotypical Southern Business Man

Obama = Sock Puppet

the entire political class of this country is out of touch and laughable at best, the worst part is that people are loosing "faith" in them and that leads to really crappy things in the long run.

We live in Texas and can feel and see the effects of Perry and his decision, some good, some bad, some meh. 

All politicians should be Eunuchs, that way only those THAT REALLY want to make a positive difference would apply for the job.

toymachine78

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 05:43:08 AM »
I personally feel the world would be a better place if Texas Governor Rick Perry would choke on a dildo and die.

Thoughts?

Not looking to change anyone's opinion, just further research a controversial topic.
  You should sew their a$$holes shut then force feed them for days. :-[

Punch

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 05:58:05 AM »
I personally feel the world would be a better place if Texas Governor Rick Perry would choke on a dildo and die.

Thoughts?

Not looking to change anyone's opinion, just further research a controversial topic.

Hmm what did he meant with "in spirit of Punch's Israel thread" I wonder.

vestcoat

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 06:34:08 AM »
Then you're one of the 5%.
I'm going to go ahead and speak for everyone on this: the Obama cool-aid drinkers are a rare breed. Outside of a few privileged, sheltered, academic types, even his most steadfast voters are unhappy with plenty of policies.

As a musician and sound engineer, I know the punks, hipsters, and hippies of the Minneapolis music and theater scenes that voted Obama are cynical, impossible to please, and verge on libertarian.

The handful of progressive talk radio hosts - Mike Malloy, Thom Hartmann, Amy Goodman - never hesitate to point out Obama's failings. 

My environmentalist friends from Clean Water Action where I worked for five years are all too aware of the slow, compromised progress on environmental policies.

The 2,000 members of the Congregational church where I work are generally pleased, but well aware of his shortcomings.

My academic friends on the Ph.D track bitch about Obama, but continue to support him because he doesn't hate on gays, deny climate change, or teach creationism.

My Armenian in-laws are pissed because Obama downgraded his stance on the Armenian genocide after he was elected.

My working-class machinist/painter/electrician high school friends generally just vote for the lesser of two a$$holes. As do my relatives in New Jersey.

The only people who believe Obama can do no wrong are a handful of the stupid know-alls of the world. More of them lean right.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 07:03:15 AM »
Okay, I'll change it to "Obama is beyond anything more than minor complaint."  If he was facing re-election tomorrow, most leftists would vote for him no matter who he faced, and the same could be said of rightists during GWB's lowest approval ratings.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Flare65

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 07:10:32 AM »

For the record I lean a bit left.  Social issues do not concern me but economic ones do. 

Shouldn't you be leaning to the right then?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »
Okay, I'll change it to "Obama is beyond anything more than minor complaint."  If he was facing re-election tomorrow, most leftists would vote for him no matter who he faced, and the same could be said of rightists during GWB's lowest approval ratings.

Get real, the only reason to vote one party vs. the other is to get a permanent seat in the Supreme Court.  If you have a conservative President then you will gain conservative members of the Supreme Court during their tenure. 

BlueBMW

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 12:45:14 PM »

For the record I lean a bit left.  Social issues do not concern me but economic ones do. 

Shouldn't you be leaning to the right then?

Ill clarify...  I tend to favor regulation over deregulation when it comes to economic issues.  Social issues Im probably more conservative actually but I dont feel that those issues impact peoples lives near as much as economic issues do.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:47:32 PM by BlueBMW »
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 01:36:40 PM »
no government can give you freedom

/thread

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

BlueBMW

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 12:51:47 AM »
Whyd you have to go and kill the thread like that... :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 03:00:39 AM »
Whyd you have to go and kill the thread like that... :(

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

esteban

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 03:26:53 AM »

Have we truly degraded that far as a society?

Yep!  95% of voters fall into three categories: left, right, and don't give a shit.  Those on the left think everything done by Obama is awesome and beyond reproach, and those on the right think everything he does is wrong no matter what.  It's sad.

Actually, only folks in the middle think Obama (or Clinton before him) were OK. Folks who are actually LEFT, like me, see these horrible Democrats as slightly less offensive versions of an average Republican politician.

Clinton and Obama did many things that a true leftie would find reprehensible: dismantling social services (I want to increase social services), using military force, supporting brutal regimes worldwide, putting interests of corporations first (trade agreements), etc. etc. etc.

So, life is peachy.   
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 03:35:22 AM »
Yeah, not even the left likes Obama.  That's how he got re-elected.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Nando

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 08:51:02 AM »

Have we truly degraded that far as a society?

Yep!  95% of voters fall into three categories: left, right, and don't give a shit.  Those on the left think everything done by Obama is awesome and beyond reproach, and those on the right think everything he does is wrong no matter what.  It's sad.

Actually, only folks in the middle think Obama (or Clinton before him) were OK. Folks who are actually LEFT, like me, see these horrible Democrats as slightly less offensive versions of an average Republican politician.

Clinton and Obama did many things that a true leftie would find reprehensible: dismantling social services (I want to increase social services), using military force, supporting brutal regimes worldwide, putting interests of corporations first (trade agreements), etc. etc. etc.

So, life is peachy.   

Um, you forget we live in the Empire. We wouldn't be the empire if we didn't do
Yeah, not even the left likes Obama.  That's how he got re-elected.

I think Mitt is how he got re-elected. :lol:

I think he's the best president since Clinton.  I don't agree with everything he's done or is doing, but the only alternative on the ballot was diametrically opposed to almost all of my views.

International policy speaking Obama is Bush the third.

Nationally speaking, his policies are more social conscious but very short term. Which is what all politicians can think in terms off anyways.