Author Topic: shaking screen while playing Ultimate Tiger?  (Read 523 times)

Buster D

shaking screen while playing Ultimate Tiger?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 02:55:48 AM »
Well, I just got 2 more used games today, Bloody Wolf and Jigoku Meguri.  Both had the shaking problem.  So it looks like my system might have something wrong with it after all.  None of my other games have had this problem, though...

Crap.  Well, I guess I'll try getting some vinegar or something tomorrow and try cleaning the contacts as best I can.

Buster D

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 05:19:34 PM »
I still have yet to clean my system, but I took the 2 games back to the used game store so they could test them out, and they worked fine there.  So it would seem to be a problem with my system, but if that's the case then I don't quite understand why some HuCards work fine and some don't.

Bonknuts

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 05:24:07 PM »
Some Hucard roms are smaller than others, so they would use less pins(address bus).

Black Tiger

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »
I had a PC Genjin 2 HuCard that had glitches in the graphics in some parts of the game.

Whenever the boat demo played, parts of the graphics were scrambled.

It still played fine and looked perfect during at least 90% of what I played of it(I usually stick to Bonk's Revenge).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Buster D

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 06:09:12 PM »
Perhaps it's a problem with the region switch causing one of the contacts to not function properly?  At any rate, I PM'd D-Lite to see what he thinks before I try taking my modded Duo-R apart and cleaning it or attempting to fix it.