Author Topic: Halloween Movie List  (Read 1457 times)

TR0N

Re: Halloween Movie List
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 07:45:58 PM »
Alien,in space no one can hear you scream  :wink:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

HailingTheThings

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »
My wife and I always wound up watching the Halloweentown movies on Disney and getting really drunk.  They are just incredibly ridiculous plotwise and the visuals.

Those movies are amazing, totally picked them up on deeveedee ages ago.

Fun fact: Kimberly J. Brown is cute and by that I mean nowadays, not back when she made those flicks, that'd be weird. Although her and I are the same age, I think? Also, I've had a crush on her for years, please don't tell her. :3

PS: This movie.

MrFulci

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
I'll give some suggestions in a moment, but here is a great commercial that aired on TV a few times. I know it aired, I think it was the SNL 25th anniversary special? One of the SNL specials, back in the 90s had it, I know because I have a copy of that airing from a VHS recording, and it includes this commercial.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

MrFulci

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »
OK, some good Hallwoeen stuff, not mentioned, from what I saw here;

The Roseanne TV series had some good Halloween specials. Some, not all.

I watch, "Butt-O-Ween", from Beavis and Butthead, every year. Just try to find the orginal airing, otherwise you're missing a clip of Beavis, in the Winger shirt, saying he's going trick-or-treating as, "a wuss".

Tales form the Darkside has the Black Cutty Sow, Halloween Candy, and Trick or Treat. 3 Halloween episodes. I almost always watch Halloween Candy on Halloween.

Garfield Halloween special doesn't air anymore, but it's fun.

SNL Halloween special(s). I always enjoy the clip with Candice Bergen, and Dan Aykroyd, and the dangerous costumes. "Hey, this here, we call it, the invisible pedestrian".

With movies,

I watched The Willies a few years ago, on Halloween. I will view it this October, not on Halloween, though. Good, PG-13 horror.

Creepshow I always bring out this time of year.

E.T., not exactly a Halloween movie, but trick-or-treating plays a key part in the movie.

On my list for this month, also, Night of the Demons. I never though highly of it, but it's been years since I've seen it, and Halloween plays a part in the movie.

On my list for this year, just because,

The Burning - I still haven't watched my blu-ray of it. Must remedy that.)

Club Dread - I need to watch the unrated version, only ever viewed the rated DVD, and the unrated is also on a DVD-9, so better picture quality, gotta give it another go. The ending was goofy wild, from what I recall.

Fright Night (85)

Deep Rising - Saw this int he movie theatre, audience had fun, too bad it did poorly there, though. Seems to have found a cult, now.

Psycho is good. Not many people below a certain age know Busta Rhymes sampled the tune from there. Then again, even that song that samples it is pretty old now, also.

Oh, Halloween 3 revolves around Halloween! Forget the people who hate it, forget it is part of the series, and it's a decent movie on it's own.

Deadly Eyes recently got a legit release. Fun stuff there.

"The Pit", from 1981, is a good one, if you've never seen it. UHF stations near DC used to air it kinda often.

All sorts of stuff out there, but there are a few ideas.

I recently ordered House of Mortal Sin on blu, so I'll watch that, this month. From what I recall, it's a decent movie.

That's enough, for now!

*edited to add;

I also like the stuff, that used to air on the USA network, the shorts;

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:15:55 PM by MrFulci »
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

MrFulci

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 08:05:20 PM »

UPDATE: it's finally available on DVD. I just ordered it...wait, I didn't check NetFlix.

It also has a Blu-ray!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »
It also has a Blu-ray!

Also on Boo Ray!!! Might check this out. :3

Beat ya to it. lol

MrFulci

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 10:32:18 PM »
It also has a Blu-ray!

Beat ya to it. lol

OH! MISSED THAT! skimmed the thread.

That reminds me, though, remember, "MR BOOGEDY"?!??!

I'm not sure of the spelling, but it was a Disney thing. There was a sequel, "Bride of..."

HailingTheThings

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
It also has a Blu-ray!

Beat ya to it. lol

OH! MISSED THAT! skimmed the thread.

That reminds me, though, remember, "MR BOOGEDY"?!??!

I'm not sure of the spelling, but it was a Disney thing. There was a sequel, "Bride of..."

Just looked it up, doesn't ring a bell, I'm afraid, seems like it may be worth a watch sometime, though.

MrFulci

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »
Hailing,

Yes.

Mr. Boogedy is a damn fine mess.

esteban

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
The Pit!!!!!!!

That was a classic amongst my friends and I. 
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
Hailing,

Yes.

Mr. Boogedy is a damn fine mess.

lol yeah, I wand it on dvd, but there isn't an official, hmmm. Guess I'll have to make one.

The Pit!!!!!!!

That was a classic amongst my friends and I. 

esteban

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2014, 08:35:26 AM »
I am speechless.
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2014, 10:09:40 AM »