Author Topic: Top 5 Favourite TG16 Soundtracks  (Read 1676 times)

jordan_hillman

Re: Top 5 Favourite TG16 Soundtracks
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:39 PM »
Nobody else has any Top 5 love for the PCE Double Dragon II soundtrack??
I see DDII as a hit and miss some of it's music tracks are good while others are just terrible......

I love Double Dragon II and it's soundtrack for the PC Engine, unfortunately it didn't get a release outside of Japan.

Always good to here some fellow DDII love out there. The PCE port was the sole reason for my initial interest in TG and PCE.

My friend picked up DDII on SCD years ago, and it had some pretty cool music remixes for sure.  Still, I think I prefer the NES version both in terms of music and gameplay.  Even over the arcade version!

Man, oh man is that awesome to hear! I'm also a weirdo that prefers the console versions over the arcades, even though the first two arcades are classics (screw that yellow shirt wearing douche, Sonny, in the third arcade).

But on that note... the reason I prefer DDII on the PCE over all other versions is because it's the only great game in the series with close to arcade quality graphics (even though it's technically a port of the NES title) from the original era of the series's popularity in the arcade.

I always wanted a perfect home port of one of the first two arcade games, even though I prefer the home ports, and the PCE version is the closest we've got...
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

vexcollects

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 01:30:43 AM »
Lords of thunder
Dungeon explorer
Blazing lasers
Bonk's adventure
Neutopia

HM :
Gomola Speed (guilty pleasure)

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
Ys I&II
Ys III
Ys IV
Dracula X - Rondo of Blood
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire

pixeljunkie

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »
Lords of Thunder
Gate of Thunder
Devils Crush
Bloody Wolf
Soldier Blade

johnnykonami

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 02:15:40 PM »
Nobody else has any Top 5 love for the PCE Double Dragon II soundtrack??
I see DDII as a hit and miss some of it's music tracks are good while others are just terrible......

I love Double Dragon II and it's soundtrack for the PC Engine, unfortunately it didn't get a release outside of Japan.

Always good to here some fellow DDII love out there. The PCE port was the sole reason for my initial interest in TG and PCE.

My friend picked up DDII on SCD years ago, and it had some pretty cool music remixes for sure.  Still, I think I prefer the NES version both in terms of music and gameplay.  Even over the arcade version!

Man, oh man is that awesome to hear! I'm also a weirdo that prefers the console versions over the arcades, even though the first two arcades are classics (screw that yellow shirt wearing douche, Sonny, in the third arcade).

But on that note... the reason I prefer DDII on the PCE over all other versions is because it's the only great game in the series with close to arcade quality graphics (even though it's technically a port of the NES title) from the original era of the series's popularity in the arcade.

I always wanted a perfect home port of one of the first two arcade games, even though I prefer the home ports, and the PCE version is the closest we've got...

Oh, I only meant that for DDII.  I hold both the Arcade and NES version of DD in pretty high esteem.  DD is one of the first games I remember seeing people line up to play when I was a kid.  DDII and really every other sequel in the arcade just don't have the same magic - But I love the NES version.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:26:30 PM by johnnykonami »

sosoyo180

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »
Has Last Alert been mentioned?  It's not just all voice talent y'know!

Oh man I totally agree! Last Alert has a kick-ass soundtrack, soooo good.
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.