Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 and XV  (Read 318 times)

ctophil

Final Fantasy Type-0 and XV
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:13:39 AM »
So who is excited about the remake of Final Fantasy Type-0 coming out March 2015?  Yeah, you have to buy a PS4 or Xbox One to play it.  But I am hoping the new Final Fantasies will bring the series out of the dirt in a big way. There are also news that you get a demo of Final Fantasy XV if you buy Type-0 next year. 

Let me know what you guys think. I'm excited.  Looks pretty cool so far.  Like I said, I'm looking to buy a Playstation 4 or Xbox One next year for these games. 

Final Fantasy Type-0 Trailer (TGS 2014)

Final Fantasy XV Trailer (TGS 2014)

bob

Re: Final Fantasy Type-0 and XV
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
I'd prefer a new COSMIC Fantasy.

esteban

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »

Hell yes.

By the way, have you, or anyone else, watched the Cosmic Fantasy OVA?

I think someone posted a link to it at some point...

One more thing I'm curious about.

|    | 

SuperDeadite

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 02:24:14 PM »

Hell yes.

Yeah I subtitled the damn thing. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Digi.k

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »
The game play in XV reminds me of Lightning returns which I enjoyed moreso than the original FFXIII.  I heard the type 0 was pretty lackluster when it originally came out so I don't know what to expect from that.

I was just wondering that the other day... MS or another giant needs to give their unlimited supplies of cash to fund some of these older titles and bring them forward so they can enjoy the limelight on current gen.

esteban

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:45:35 AM »

Hell yes.

Yeah I subtitled the damn thing. :)

That's it!!!!

|    | 

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:57:57 AM »
Yet another Final Fantasy game.. When are they going to release Dragon Quest X in the U.S? As usual, us Dragon Quest fans get screwed again in favor of Final Fantasy..

ctophil

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:01:55 AM »
The game play in XV reminds me of Lightning returns which I enjoyed moreso than the original FFXIII.  I heard the type 0 was pretty lackluster when it originally came out so I don't know what to expect from that.

I was just wondering that the other day... MS or another giant needs to give their unlimited supplies of cash to fund some of these older titles and bring them forward so they can enjoy the limelight on current gen.

Final Fantasy XIII was the worst FF title of all time.  RPG-wise, it's a boring game.  I haven't played Lightning Returns nor FF XIII-2 yet.  I will have to give them a try eventually.  I'm just being hopeful that FF XV, especially, will get the series rolling again.  Although, that blonde guy in the car from the trailer looks like Cloud (FF VII).  Maybe he is the great grandson of Cloud?  lol. 

I just don't like how they are focusing on action instead of good old turned-based combat for a change similar to FF I - FF X. Why not a true reboot, Square Enix?  Don't try to impress newbies so much, impress the millions of fans who are already on board.