Author Topic: Turbo Express, will replacing the caps fix a faded issue with the lcd?  (Read 191 times)

TheNeck

just received my turbo express from ebay, which is in great shape. the posting said no sound, which i know i could fix. the funny thing it does have sound but very low, so i need to replace all the caps, which i was going to anyways.

the question i have the lcd is very faded, even after adjusting the brightness. i can get it decent looking, but i was wondering with changing all the caps, help with this problem? or do i need to replace the lcd altogether?

BlueBMW

Re: Turbo Express, will replacing the caps fix a faded issue with the lcd?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
Typically caps will also affect the picture.  I'd replace them all first and see where it stands.  Worst case there are guys who have replacement original screens or also upgraded modern LCDs.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheNeck

Re: Turbo Express, will replacing the caps fix a faded issue with the lcd?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:55:29 PM »
thanks for the advice, i will replace all the caps first.

also luckily i can upgrade the lcd myself, and i already have the replacment lcd screen. i was just curious if fixing the caps might fix this issue.