Author Topic: PCE game translation team ?  (Read 329 times)

shubibiman

PCE game translation team ?
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:35:54 PM »
Hi there,

A lot seems to be going on recently translation-wise. The only shameful thing is that it's hard to know who's able or willing to do what.

So my proposition is to list here all the devs and translators to build a pool or even a team.

As I said several times, there are many RPG's that I think are worth being translated so that more PCE lovers can enjoy them, so you can count me in, even for direct translations to english (even if my english is not perfect ;) ).

Who's in ?

Devs:

Translators:

[ul][li]shubibiman[/li][li]SamIAm[/li][/ul]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:11:04 AM by shubibiman »
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

SamIAm

Re: PCE game translation team ?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »
I don't quite know if "available/unavailable" are the most appropriate terms for me, since my schedule depends greatly on what the hackers I'm already working with do. If Esperknight and Bonknuts start doing lots of work on the stuff we've already started (not to mention my Princess Crown translation, which is also awaiting hacking), I'll turn real busy real quick. If they don't do anything, then I've got nothing.

Anyway, I'm around, and I'm ready to talk anytime a hacker expresses interest in doing a particular game.

shubibiman

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:10:42 AM »
Ok so I'll just keep the list updated without the available/not available option ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Djangoo2

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 07:52:14 AM »
I'm down for doing some PCE translations in the future. But I will say RPG's or any other type of text-heavy game are a tough proposition from a hacking standpoint. If a game has a semi-complex menu system, a good deal of time and code usually goes into hacking a menu so that English text can fit in with as few compromises as possible. These types of projects can stretch on for several years until they're finished. Whereas a game with just basic dialogue and text might only take a few months to do.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 03:54:14 AM »
I'm down for doing some PCE translations in the future. But I will say RPG's or any other type of text-heavy game are a tough proposition from a hacking standpoint. If a game has a semi-complex menu system, a good deal of time and code usually goes into hacking a menu so that English text can fit in with as few compromises as possible. These types of projects can stretch on for several years until they're finished. Whereas a game with just basic dialogue and text might only take a few months to do.

Well you could always start with games that have mostly english text in them.. Ahem.
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=14497.0

Djangoo2

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »
Oh, I've already looked at various PCE games. Got a few games that interested me like Download, Dragon Egg, Star Parodier, but the PCE library is pretty big and I've only scratched the surface.

I'd also like to redo some older PCE translations like Photograph Boy and Blue Blink, which were very limited from a hacking standpoint.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 04:30:27 AM »
I've no hacking or translation skills, so my 'contribution' will be limited to cheering from the sidelines and enjoying whatever fruit is borne.  :mrgreen:

Oh, I've already looked at various PCE games. Got a few games that interested me like Download, Dragon Egg, Star Parodier, but the PCE library is pretty big and I've only scratched the surface.

I'd also like to redo some older PCE translations like Photograph Boy and Blue Blink, which were very limited from a hacking standpoint.

From the original unreleased official localization, that one is already available as Fantasy Star Soldier.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MooZ

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 08:11:43 AM »
Yo! Count me in. I can give a hand for hack/code stuffs.

I have some projects going on. The main ones being Nazo No Masquerade and Uchuu Senkan Yamato (yeah Shubi I haven't forgotten about it).
Unfortunately due to life and shit, progresses are sparse.

esteban

PCE game translation team ?
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 08:42:42 AM »

I know the in-game text/content takes priority, but if you were willing to translate essential/useful parts of the game manual, I would be happy to make it look pretty in PhotoShop and host the .pdf (even if we simply translated a short guide cobbled together from a few pages of the manual).

Otherwise, I'll cheer along with the others.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:45:01 AM by esteban »
  |    |