Author Topic: Please help me ID this mod....  (Read 211 times)

dave_van_damn

Please help me ID this mod....
« on: November 01, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
Hey guys and gals,

I recently bought a Core Graphx I PC Engine and I've been having some bother trying to get the Turbo EverDrive cart I bought to work (It keeps crashing as roms are loaded).

Anyway, I opened the console up to check for bad caps and I noticed there were a few wires under the motherboard (see pics).

I assume this is a mod of some kind and the soldering was a bit messy but I guess I could be wrong.

Any ideas?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:56:21 AM by dave_van_damn »

cjameslv

Re: Please help me ID this mod....
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:02:22 AM »
Doesn't look like a mod. Looks more like the board had some bad traces & components and they tried to bypass them.

**on a side note, Welcome aboard. Why not head over to the introduction thread (http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?board=23.0)  and say a lil something about yourself?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:06:18 AM by cjameslv »

dave_van_damn

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
Doesn't look like a mod. Looks more like the board had some bad traces & components and they tried to bypass them.

**on a side note, Welcome aboard. Why not head over to the introduction thread (http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?board=23.0)  and say a lil something about yourself?

Thanks for the reply! One strange thing is that the gamebit screws have been replaced with regular screws...I wonder if this was something that happened at the factory or (more likely) something that happened at one of the computers shops here in Hong Kong.

thesteve

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »
some change the screws out when they do repairs