Author Topic: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"  (Read 3553 times)

Bonknuts

Re: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2014, 06:30:37 AM »
Some of you guys are much more pissed than I am. Matter of fact, I wasn't exactly pissed or angry (just a little bit upset). And I can't speak for any other repros that are being sold without permission (this is a huge problem in the SNES scene right now). I felt more sad, and foolish, than anything else. Tobias has seemed to gauge public opinion on the matter and has stuck with just untouched PCE CD games. So it's not him that's a concern, but somebody else that has no scruples about taking Dracula X, Xak III, Ys IV, or the upcoming games (Spriggan Mark 2, Xanadu, etc). There are plenty of people, like Sniper, that could care less as long as they have a product in hand. I'm actually really surprised Ys IV with the recent dub, hasn't become prime candidate #1. I understand that CD-Rs suck for more people (older Duo's not running, the hassle of trying to get a good burn, etc) or don't want to use emulation. I honestly don't have an answer to that.

Anyway, lets move on. I'm sick of discussing the MM debacle (it's beginning to feel narcissistic - lol) . I don't think anything more can be said on it. Thankfully, it was the only one and not something like Ys IV (I hope BL does more dub projects).

That said, I'm not against community based pressings or hucard stuffs of anything that I work on (though I can only speak for myself and not co-work) - as long as they are non-profit in fashion. I think that would satisfy both the need/desire to have the game and the greater issue of profiting/etc. Well, this community/forum anyway. Yeah, there will be people like <forget his name> that will resell it for bank (like what happened to Ark?). The difference is the greater purpose; getting the game to the fans without making a business out of it. Originally, this was brought up about Dracula X (community pressing) and I said no. Not because I was against it, but I feared that my name would be attached to it and legal action taken against me (my field is Computer Science, so that wouldn't be a good thing). Looking back now, it was probably kind of irrational to think that. And I wouldn't have a problem now (non-profit community pressing). But, I still can't speak on behalf of Fragmare, BL, and others that were involved in that project.

clackattack

« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2014, 07:27:15 AM »
I mean, im completely willing to pay a few bucks for some nice discs with a sweet printed image on em and then I will burn them myself...
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

technozombie

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2014, 02:25:47 AM »
Personally, I think the best way to do this kind of stuff and stay friendly with the community is to have everything up on the internet for download. For example, if someone wants to package MM then they should provide links to the download, + links to a lightscribe file, and the files to print your own manual. Then they can charge whatever they want. Those who don't want to mess with it will pay, everyone else can make their own.

Edit: For some grammar.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:55:20 AM by technozombie »

Duo_R

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2014, 04:21:43 AM »
Speaking of lightscribe, what's the best lightscribe discs for Turbo?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Medic_wheat

« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2014, 04:47:21 AM »
I mean, im completely willing to pay a few bucks for some nice discs with a sweet printed image on em and then I will burn them myself...

What if you have a complete disk based game that is expensive

And you have an extra loose disk you keep in a cd binder or such that you use to play the game instead of messing with the complete expensive one?

clackattack

« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2014, 08:01:20 AM »
Taiyo Yuden makes something like a "water shelid" topped disc that is meant for printing on... not 100% sure if it works with lightscribe tho
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]