Author Topic: (12/19/2014 - 12/25/2014) Game of the Week: Keith Courage  (Read 589 times)

esteban

Re: (12/19/2014 - 12/25/2014) Game of the Week: Keith Courage
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 12:05:23 AM »

I can taste the wasted potential it possessed, though.

Agreed.  It needed 40% more cow bell.

At least 40%. :)
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 05:56:58 AM »
Just got through the first 3 levels then died to the boss in Toxic Zone.

I can get through the game relatively easily, with maybe a cheap death on the red spikes here or there, but I can't figure out the stage 4 boss. I've had full health but I get hit by him no matter what. Even when i use the projectiles, i still can't beat him. I try to duck underneath him but even then, when i try to attack I get hit. It's sad that I can't beat Keith Courage yet. I need some more practice with that boss.

The game itself I do find enjoyable. The nova suit levels are really fun since your character controls so well. There may be an onslaught of enemies at times, but if there wasn't it would be just as boring as the overworld parts of the game.

I've started playing the game multiple times and got bored with it before. But these past few times around, I'm enjoying it a lot more because i stuck through it and kept playing. I don't want to say i forced myself to get through it and find enjoyable parts, so i won't. I like it. I hope i can beat the fourth stage boss because if i can't beat Keith Courage, i need to seriously get better at obeying.

esteban

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »

I can get through the game relatively easily, with maybe a cheap death on the red spikes here or there, but I can't figure out the stage 4 boss. I've had full health but I get hit by him no matter what. Even when i use the projectiles, i still can't beat him. I try to duck underneath him but even then, when i try to attack I get hit. It's sad that I can't beat Keith Courage yet. I need some more practice with that boss.

The game itself I do find enjoyable. The nova suit levels are really fun since your character controls so well. There may be an onslaught of enemies at times, but if there wasn't it would be just as boring as the overworld parts of the game.

I've started playing the game multiple times and got bored with it before. But these past few times around, I'm enjoying it a lot more because i stuck through it and kept playing. I don't want to say i forced myself to get through it and find enjoyable parts, so i won't. I like it. I hope i can beat the fourth stage boss because if i can't beat Keith Courage, i need to seriously get better at obeying.

Describe the fourth boss...I might remember how to beat him.

Also, I think there is a cheap way to beat him....as you fall to the boss arena, push all the way to right, swinging and jumping as soon as you land (to trap the boss).
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 08:51:27 AM »

Also, I think there is a cheap way to beat him....as you fall to the boss arena, push all the way to right, swinging and jumping as soon as you land (to trap the boss).

He shoots one projectile and then swoops down and every time he hits you you loose a heart. You can duck under him, like I said, but I still have a hard time attacking him without getting hit.

But so, by doing this move to the right and swing thing, the boss will just sit there and not move?

esteban

(12/19/2014 - 12/25/2014) Game of the Week: Keith Courage
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 08:56:28 AM »

He shoots one projectile and then swoops down and every time he hits you you loose a heart. You can duck under him, like I said, but I still have a hard time attacking him without getting hit.

But so, by doing this move to the right and swing thing, the boss will just sit there and not move?

Yup, you cheat by trapping the boss (the boss "pauses" and can't move when it gets hit, so if you keep hitting him, you pin him to the right corner.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:00:29 AM by esteban »
  |    |