Author Topic: Turbo Duo and PC Engine in need of repairs  (Read 245 times)

ShadowKitty777

Turbo Duo and PC Engine in need of repairs
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:49:36 PM »
I know there are a lot of tutorials, but I do feel really nervous about DIY stuff when it comes to my systems*.
Is there anyone in US that would be willing to fix my system/systems?
I have a US Turbo Duo that stopped playing CDs and a PC Engine Duo RX that is having the same problem.
I would be willing to pay for shipping both ways, and the cost of repairs or offer up the US Turbo in trade if it can be repaired.

Thanks for any consideration.

*I tried it once with my Dreamcast once, and it didn't go well.

mickcris

Re: Turbo Duo and PC Engine in need of repairs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 01:43:47 PM »
I know there are a lot of tutorials, but I do feel really nervous about DIY stuff when it comes to my systems*.
Is there anyone in US that would be willing to fix my system/systems?
I have a US Turbo Duo that stopped playing CDs and a PC Engine Duo RX that is having the same problem.
I would be willing to pay for shipping both ways, and the cost of repairs or offer up the US Turbo in trade if it can be repaired.

Thanks for any consideration.

Has your tubro duo been recapped?  That may be the issue with that one if it hasn't.  Since you don't seem to care much about that one, you could try to swap the laser lens assemblies between the two consoles.  The RX may have a bad one and the one in the turbo duo may still be ok.  It is pretty easy to do, but you might not want to do it which is understandable.  If not i'm sure someone will fix them both for you.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »

Did you give it a proper burial?

Contact chop5, keith courage, or thesteve.

I will take that us duo as finder's fee.

you're welcome!

Aren't you a sweetie? *catface x 3*

ShadowKitty777

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 10:24:10 PM »

lol
I used to really love my Dreamcast.... If it wasn't for a few a handful of games that haven't (and prolly won't) get the re-release or HD treatment... I swear I would give up on the 'ol gal, but I just can't. (I just found scraps and someone to fix her)
Has your tubro duo been recapped?  That may be the issue with that one if it hasn't.  Since you don't seem to care much about that one, you could try to swap the laser lens assemblies between the two consoles.  The RX may have a bad one and the one in the turbo duo may still be ok.  It is pretty easy to do, but you might not want to do it which is understandable.  If not i'm sure someone will fix them both for you.
Not that I'm aware of.

Update: I got three offers so far. I hope no one gets upset if I don't pick them. @-@ I've went from having no idea how to fix my boys, to having tons of options. Seriously thank you guys.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:44:19 AM »

lol
I used to really love my Dreamcast.... If it wasn't for a few a handful of games that haven't (and prolly won't) get the re-release or HD treatment... I swear I would give up on the 'ol gal, but I just can't. (I just found scraps and someone to fix her)

Come now, surely there are more than just a few handfuls , the ol' DC is full of wowment. Please tell me you've gotten your wow on with Super Magnetic Neo at least once, please? lol