Author Topic: Dragon Saber  (Read 571 times)

Paladin

Dragon Saber
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 02:29:42 PM »
I don't remmeber the arcade being a whole lot faster, though it was noticable. The power ups on the other hand seemed to rush off screen and weren't nearly as accomadating as they are in the PCE verison. That and the whole game was streamed together I believe. That said though it was about the same difficulty depending, of course, on how many quarters you had. Dragon Spirit, TMNT 2, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon had probably consumed a small fortune in quarters from me before the arcade near my house went under. Its a shame really even though thats probably what allowed me to save up for a SNES.

On the Famicom verison I remember it being different and that it was much easier (as I had actually beat it once or twice). Thats about it as I never really got into playing it a whole lot and its been ages since I've touched it. The famicom was all about Captain Skyhawk and strangely enough Sky Shark for me. Sky Shark though was brutal and every bit as mean (i.e. cheap) as the PCE Dragon Spirit.

esteban

Dragon Saber
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 05:13:59 PM »
Quote from: "Digi.k"
yea I used to play it like that too but I just can't be bothered to press RUN & SELECT 57 times .. ><
Crap, that's what you have to do? Good Lord! 17 times would be more than enough...
  |    | 

Digi.k

Dragon Saber
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »
oh and Dragon Saber isn't so bad I think you need to press RUN and SELECT 37 times for vertical mode.

Some two player co-op vides of Dragon Saber.

stages 1 & 2

stages 3 & 4

stages 5 & 6

stages 7... although didn't make it to the last two stages.  (stage 7 has an amazing amount of sprites moving around its almost like a Sega Saturn O_O)

esteban

Dragon Saber
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 02:34:55 PM »
dude, digi.k, good idea showing 2-player co-op play. :)
  |    | 

handygrafx

Dragon Saber
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »
yep Phelios was on the MegaDrive-Genesis.  it was somewhat different from the arcade. all the smooth hardware scaling from the arcade was gone, but instead, Namco made the parallax scrolling better on the Sega home version.

you really need to play both versions to get maximum enjoyment, to appreciate Phelios.

as for Dragon Saber,  I remember being in awe of the screenshots in EGM's preview of the arcade version.  I wish it had become a SuperGrafx game instead of a standard PC-Engine Hucard.   I will give the PC-Engine and arcade versions another play this weekend.

Ninja Spirit

Dragon Saber
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 02:56:47 AM »
Quote from: "Paladin"

On the Famicom verison I remember it being different and that it was much easier (as I had actually beat it once or twice). Thats about it as I never really got into playing it a whole lot and its been ages since I've touched it. The famicom was all about Captain Skyhawk and strangely enough Sky Shark for me. Sky Shark though was brutal and every bit as mean (i.e. cheap) as the PCE Dragon Spirit.

Yeah Famicom Dragon Spirit is definitely different. One exclusive stage, had cut cinemas, but the soundtrack was weak compared to the PCE.