Author Topic: Regular Turbo Duo Usage  (Read 1200 times)

SignOfZeta

Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2006, 02:04:55 PM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
I actually love how the PSP looks like, especially in white, which is what I have.  The only thing I don't like is that the top stains too quickly, which makes me have to wipe it with my glasses cleaner every time I finish playing the PSP.

By "stain", I assume you mean "fingerprint". My girlfriend has the white one too, and it visibaly attracts fingerprints much less than the black one.

However in the world outside of anal-retentive collector types that emulate to save wear and tear, complain about scratches that can only be seen with electron microscopes, etc, the PSP has way more problems. The battery life is almost as bad as a PCE GT, the game selection sucks, and the load times are horrific.

The one thing the PSP does well seems to be ports of 32-bit RPGs, which is an odd thing to specialize in...

takashirose

Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 03:51:54 PM »
Yes the white PSP has less visble fingerprints and, from what I've heard, it has a better screen than the AMerican black releases.  It's brighter.   there are too many ports on the PSP though.  People are now used it and will not buy original games with unknown characters.
Let the old mix with the new.

SignOfZeta

Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 12:33:25 AM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
and, from what I've heard, it has a better screen than the AMerican black releases.  It's brighter.

No, that's just the sort of thing people say. There would be no point in continuing to produce an inferior screen just for the US market. If the white PSP has a better screen, then I'm sure that all PSPs being produced now have the same screen.

I don't notice any difference. All PSPs have *awesome* screens.

FM-77

Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 02:49:49 AM »
Quote from: "SignOfZeta"
The one thing the PSP does well seems to be ports of 32-bit RPGs, which is an odd thing to specialize in...

Pretty much every PSP RPG has been a disaster because of their insanely bad ports. The loading times are horrible in these games.

malducci

Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2006, 10:37:10 AM »
I have a US model and screen is pretty bright. Most poeple don't know that there are four different settings for brightness control when plugin into the AC adapter VS 3 when using the battery pack (you can't use the brightest setting).

The loading times are fine on the PSP for the games I have. The only one that has horrible loadings that I've personally seen is Ys VI.

SignOfZeta

Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2006, 07:32:20 AM »
Quote from: "malducci"

The loading times are fine on the PSP for the games I have. The only one that has horrible loadings that I've personally seen is Ys VI.

Well, part of it is just that fact that other handhelds all run on solid state media, and therefore have zero load times, so even a quick loading PSP games seems like an eternity to me. There is also the crap battery life which I know is dwindling away as I watch the load screen. What fun!

Some PSP games aren't too bad, but anything US developed is really bad, and Shotoku Battle is just *terrible*. Load time is twice as long as game play time in many cases do to the quick races in that game. This is a shame since its one of the better games on the system, and the graphics are loads better than other PSP racers.

What's really incredible is that people actually used to complain about load times on the PC Engine, Sega CD, etc. The Neo CD was considered unbearably loadarific. Now thanks Sony's systems' really really long load times (all of Sony's systems so far) people have gotten used to it.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2006, 07:10:43 AM »
Someone should re-name this thread the PSP thread. :)

takashirose

Regular Turbo Duo Usage
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2006, 09:06:20 AM »
It wasn't my intention for my thread.  I just gave my oppinion on the PSP after someone else's comment on the PSP.
Let the old mix with the new.