Author Topic: Looking For PCE Suggestions  (Read 729 times)

Gypsy

Re: Looking For PCE Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
Gotzindeiner is a cool game, maybe a bit . . . unfinished in ways but it has this really cool lonely vibe to it.  Princess kick-ass is a cool character too.  It is isometric but I found this not to be a problem.  It's defiantly a game you should try if your looking for a game experience you won't quite find anywhere else.

Sounds neat. I tend to enjoy more unique gameplay experiences so I'll definitely give it a go.

Pokun

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 03:53:48 AM »
If you are playing burned games, there's no reason not to try out Ys I&II
You don't even have to burn it. I got it real cheap, it's cheap even on ebay. The manual is pretty thin though (which is disappointing for a CIB collectors like me) but at least it has good artwork.

You should buy the PC-88/MSX/FM-7 version(s).
Thanks for the tip. I heard people saying the PC Engine version is the definite version but I guess that doesn't take the manual into account.

Teknoman

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 09:14:33 PM »
Well i'd think the PC version of Ys I & II would be the definitive, but then again, the PC engine version has that awesome intro scene/theme, and a different soundtrack.

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

Bardoly

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 08:53:48 AM »
Gotzindeiner is a cool game, maybe a bit . . . unfinished in ways but it has this really cool lonely vibe to it.  Princess kick-ass is a cool character too.  It is isometric but I found this not to be a problem.  It's defiantly a game you should try if your looking for a game experience you won't quite find anywhere else.

Sounds neat. I tend to enjoy more unique gameplay experiences so I'll definitely give it a go.

Definitely try this one, then.  As stated earlier,the game may appear to feel a bit unfinished, but that seems to add to the lonely feel of the game.  I quite enjoyed it.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 02:52:31 AM »

Definitely try this one, then.  As stated earlier,the game may appear to feel a bit unfinished, but that seems to add to the lonely feel of the game.  I quite enjoyed it.

It has great Gainax made art too.

The isometric view leads to the game looking and controlling a bit awkwardly though and it's a bit of a short to play through title.
--DragonmasterDan

esadajr

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 02:33:50 AM »

- Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball Bu Soccer Hen
- Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu
Gaming since 1985

GreatBlueSwirlof99

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »
I heard good reviews things about galaga '88 and last soldier
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

Samuray

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 09:03:35 AM »
I heard good reviews things about galaga '88 and last soldier

Huh? "Last Soldier"? You probably either mean "Last Alert" oder "Final Soldier", don't you?
For a second I was really excited for a Soldier game I missed... :)