Author Topic: turboduo fresh recap issue loading dracula x cinematic (maria)  (Read 225 times)

turboduo82

turboduo fresh recap issue loading dracula x cinematic (maria)
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:11:24 AM »
I had a duo I got off of eBay recapped and all works great only problem is when I go to unlock maria, stage 2 dracula x original cd the game screen goes black but never loads the cinematic and I can hear the laser moving while I have sat for 5 minutes straight waiting.  Once this happens not even holding run plus select will reset the system, I have to manually turn the power off.  I had it recapped on ebay by a reputable guy and he stated the system had not been recapped before.  Music cds play fine, r type complete, double dragon 2, super raiden, final zone 2 all have not had any issues only that one part of dracula x?  Hu cards play fine, everything works great picture, sound, graphics.  Any ideas?  The duo is in pretty good shape so it's a shame.

Bernie

Re: turboduo fresh recap issue loading dracula x cinematic (maria)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:37:36 AM »
Could have an issue with the disc. That's what it sounds like to me.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

turboduo82

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:14:34 AM »
The disc is in 98% mint and works flawless on my tg16 cd system.

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 08:01:20 AM »
Have you maybe tried a CD-r of the same game as a test? Maybe the DUO just dislikes your disc even though it looks perfect. Hard to believe there is something major wrong with the DUO if all those other CD games work fine without any glitches.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:22:40 AM by Keith Courage »

turboduo82

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 10:12:05 AM »
I do not have another copy of dracula x to test that. The only one of those games I have completed is double dragon 2.  I have gotten through about halfway through all the other games I have listed with no issues.  I can actually hear the laser mechanism buzzing/moving while the screen is black and just sits there and never loads.  Wish I had more games to test on it.  Oh I also played to 2nd stage of arcade cd strider with no issues, using a kissado converter and arcade card pro which I also use on my tg16 cd.