Author Topic: TurboChip Boxes  (Read 323 times)

rcantor77

TurboChip Boxes
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
Now this maybe a dumb question but from living in the UK and importing games from Japan I never bought any US games until recently so I have no idea of the answer.

Most of the games that come up or sale nowadays do not come with an outer box, but was it actually the case that some did not come with it or did all games originally retail with this cardboard sleeve..?

PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

ginoscope

Re: TurboChip Boxes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:32:28 AM »
I may be wrong here so the old timers of the forum can correct me.

All hucard had boxes...some of the later ones were missing the jewel cases like bonk 3 and Neutopia 2.

Early CDs had boxes but Super CDs did not come with boxes.

esteban

TurboChip Boxes
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:27:47 PM »
All NA HuCARDs had cardboard boxes (except for pack-in Keith Courage).

To save money, however, TTi stopped including jewel cases with later HuCARD  titles...opting instead to use a thin, flimsy plastic "tray"
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:32:27 PM »
The System 3.1 and TurboGrafx-CD HuCards do not have traditional cardboard boxes. The 3.1 card came with white cardboard with special folds and shapes. The Turbo-CD card came in 10 cubic-foot box with various bonus accessories.

Ninja Spirit has a large silver variant box as well.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

rcantor77

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:17 PM »
Thanks guys, I assumed that was the case but seeing so many jewel case only games for sale on the net I started to question myself.

I just cant believe how many people binned the cardboard outer sleeve...

PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:37 AM »
Thanks guys, I assumed that was the case but seeing so many jewel case only games for sale on the net I started to question myself.

I just cant believe how many people binned the cardboard outer sleeve...

It was superfluous wrapping which only served to advertise the games. The same as if clamshell Genesis/SMS games shipped with an outer cardboard sleeve. PC Engine games shipped in the plastic cases.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum