Author Topic: Horizontal Bands of Visual Noise  (Read 442 times)

cdpog

Horizontal Bands of Visual Noise
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:04:11 AM »
Hello all! I finally got myself a modded Duo, and am pretty pumped! Unfortunately, my system seems to have an issue where horizontal bands of light colored noise slowly move across the screen from bottom to top, the noise is more apparent on light colors.

I don't think it is jailbars, as I thought jailbars were verticle... Am I wrong?

System info: Duo Rx modded by Doujindance, RGB, Component, new laser, region switch. Currently plugged into a LG HDTV from a few years back using Component.

Any ideas what's up, or settings I could tweak on my TV? I saw a similar post in another forum where people said that cheap power cable may have been the issue.
paul blart mall blart

mickcris

Re: Horizontal Bands of Visual Noise
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 02:16:13 AM »
possibly the power supply.  what kind are you using?  do you have a ps2 slim or a genesis model 2 power supply you try?

cdpog

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 03:00:48 AM »
There's a small no-name power supply that was included in the sale that I am currently using.

Yes, I have a Genesis 2 that I bought when it came out in the US, would that work better on the Duo Rx?
paul blart mall blart

mickcris

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 03:22:47 AM »
try it and see

cdpog

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 03:30:58 AM »
OK, will do tonight.

Is that pretty much what it has to be? I saw nothing else online that pointed to an answer.
paul blart mall blart

mickcris

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 03:38:12 AM »
probably is, but won't know for sure until you try it.  could also possibly be something with the scart cable grounding, but I would try the power supply before anything else.

crazydean

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:09:22 AM »
Are you using a SCART switcher? I was having this problem, but I swapped my SCART cable to a different input on my SCART switcher and it went away.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

cdpog

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »
Good news everyone! (in the voice of Prof Farnsworth)

I tried the genesis 2 PS and it completely went away. I tried a Hucard and CD, no more bands of horizontal noise. Awesome! Now I'm officially ready to start playing all these CDs and Japanese Hucards I've been hoarding  :dance:

Thanks for the help Mickcris!

Aside to crazydream, no sir, no switcher of any kind involved.
paul blart mall blart