Author Topic: Number of Turbografx CD attachments sold?  (Read 1655 times)

wiseau

Re: Number of Turbografx CD attachments sold?
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2016, 05:31:02 AM »
It would be so nice to have numbers like this.  I don't see why companies don't go back and offer sales numbers from their past.

Surely someone from Hudson or NEC in Japan has an idea of sales numbers for systems and games...

I feel like companies don't want to release this information, and thus its just eventually becomes lost forever.  It's kind of a shame.
Far as i can tell, most publishers only like to release sales numbers if they have something to brag about, otherwise it's just shameful

gamerslife

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2016, 05:36:33 PM »
i wish i knew, but will say I've had 3 in the past 5 yrs (all in the wild finds) so it seems to be a high run number.  I also see a bunch in peoples collections so they deft can't be a low run or rare in any sense. On the other hand i do know more people with duo's than the cd systems but that might not have any correlation....
The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. -Wooderson (AKA:Matthew McConaughey)

780racer

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2016, 06:38:00 PM »
i wish i knew, but will say I've had 3 in the past 5 yrs (all in the wild finds) so it seems to be a high run number.  I also see a bunch in peoples collections so they deft can't be a low run or rare in any sense. On the other hand i do know more people with duo's than the cd systems but that might not have any correlation....

That does not tell much of a story as your town/area could have had good advertisement or people in the area jived with the Turbo where other area's didnt. I can safely say that they are very uncommon in other areas.

Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

Bonknuts

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »
Definitely a local thing, but in the small city here - I've seen TG16 systems and games in the wild over the years. The population here is only ~700,000 people (not even a major city). I met random people who owned Duos or TG16s as well. Same for other friends that knew of other people that had TG/Duo systems. It's weird to think of this stuff as rare, for me. I've even bought PCE CD import games here, from local shops when it turns up from time to time. Actually bought GnG for SGX, loose, for $5 at a local used game shop a few years back.